Chapter 11 - Back to Square One

Disbelief and shock ruled her face. Words echoed in her ears and she sat numb on the bed.

They were back to the position when Piya had lost her bestfriend and Abhay had lost himself. The time when their equations had changed and it was time again; for the equations to change and demon to unleash.

"But Abhay, what's wrong if we stay here? Between everyone?" Piya asked in a lost voice, she didn't want to leave her family. It would kill her hope to meet them again.

"I don't want to lose you, my love. I can't let them snatch you away from me." Abhay shook his head sitting on the floor and holding her hand, over her lap. His insecurities were awaken again and Piya was too lost in her own misery to comfort him.

"Don't.. don't you trust me, Abhay?" Piya asked in a broken voice looking at him.

"I trust you, Piya. I do." Abhay assured with love deepening in his honey brown eyes.

"But I don't trust those people. They'll take you away." Abhay reiterated, his voice laced with the fear of a child who wasn't ready to share anything or anyone he loves just because of the fear of losing that thing or person.

Piya sat aghast and numb. Once again she was standing at that point of her life where she had no idea how to react to Abhay's feelings. He was turning out too complex for her understanding and she didn't know how to handle him anymore.

"Get ready, we'll leave for Orphanage in some minutes and then we'll depart for Pune." Abhay said, lost in his own world where he was weaving another beautiful dream of love and pure love.

When Piya said nothing, Abhay stood up and looked at her lost state. The sight reminded him of the time he proposed her and she rejected him. A fear crept in his heart that Piya might reject him once again.

"No, I'm doing this for us and it isn't big deal." Abhay thought and shrugging off the terrifying idea, he walked out of the room.

Abhay filled the car with gifts. His mind filled with different thoughts. He was happy to leave the people who were trying to snatch his life but he was sad to leave the place he lived his whole life and where his other part of heart lived, his Pari lived.

Leaving Pari wasn't easy and living in a place where people were trying to snatch his Piya wasn't intelligent either. He was torn between his heart and his soul; his Piya and his Pari.

"I'll find the way." Abhay thought with sorrow coming over his eyes. He never left Pari for so long but now leaving Pari for Piya was like deciding where he wanted the knife to stab his heart. A blow that would kill him, anyway.

Sighing painfully, his eyes fell on his driver standing at distance and waiting for his order. The elderly man was with him from the beginning of his life as rich man and Abhay didn't want to leave him jobless.

The loyalty of his driver required more than that.

Pulling out the cheque book, Abhay pondered over the amount that would suffice the needs of the elderly man. Writing ninety lac, he tore the cheque and gave to the driver.

"Until your services are required again." Abhay said handing him the cheque

"But sir, this is... I don't have right over this much money." The driver said, holding the cheque with trembling hands.

"This is your payment for next few months. You can always come back when I'll return but if you want, you can start your own carrier." Abhay said with a shrug, he wanted to help the man anyway he could.

"But I can't accept it, sir." The Driver trembled at the respect he was receiving from his young master, who was kinder than many mature people out there.