Chapter 16 - Understand Me

Her sobs were muffled by the pillow and her tears were soaking the pillowcase. A weight was placed in her chest and her heart was wretched in agony. She wanted to scream so much that she wouldn't feel the pain anymore.

But the pain was there and so was the emptiness.

Having all the colours in her life, the dominating darkness and the suddenly colourless world was suffocating her so much so that she was feeling the desire to live reducing.

She missed her family. She yearned for them. She longed to see them. To hug them and to feel their love.

Her parents. Her father and her mother. They were there when she came into this world. Their hands holding her and helping her to walk. Their late-night cuddles and lullaby. Their soft kisses filled with love and affection. Their words of care and their undying support. The smiles that they would give her whenever she won any prize in her school and college.

Her mother's handmade food and her father's soothing caresses. The warm hands of her mother wiping her tears and the motivating words of her father.

Her every wish they fulfilled with love. Her every word they listened with utmost attention.

And her sister. The little buddy whom she took in her arms and teased all life. The sulking and the continuous bantering with loud echoes of laughter. The pranks they pulled on each other and the hugs they shared.

She missed those times. She missed them.

Her family.

They were there when no one was. They were there when Abhay wasn't and they were there when Abhay came.

Abhay.

He was her best friend. The person who would do anything for her and listened to her every day. He pacified her when she was upset. Listened to her bantering when she was angry without reason. And was always there whenever she wanted anything.

Always there he was.

"Its all your fault, Abhay. You should've supported but no, for you, my parents are right and not me. How can you do this to me, Abhay? How can you?" Piya yelled while pacing in the garden of the orphanage. She was so angry from being stopped to attend the late-night party and was venting out her anger on Abhay who had stood silent in front of her parents.

Not that they would've listened to Abhay anyway but still he should've tried to support her.

That's what friends do, right?

"Sorry?" Abhay said confused on how to pacify her.

But his questioning apologize did nothing to soothe her anger. Instead, infuriated her.

"Get the hell out, Abhay. I don't even want to see your face. Go, right now." Piya shouted, furious of his behaviour. He wasn't even sure of apologizing, what the hell?

"Alright, alright, I apologize," Abhay said raising his hand in surrender. "It was really my fault and am extremely sorry."

She crossed her arms over her chest and glared him with fire in her eyes. No sorry was going to help him today.

Holding his ears, he sat on his knees with a most cute apologetic expression.

That seemed better to Piya but she wasn't ready to forgive him yet. She sat on the bench and looked away from him showing her anger.

"Sorry and sorry and sorry..." Abhay kept on apologising and she heard him first with annoyance that soon melted into warmth.

Giving out a breath, Piya looked at Abhay and her heart melted seeing him sitting that way and apologising so heartily.