Chapter 29 - Smiling Fate

It all seemed dream. Every part of his life seemed unreal. From his childhood to his friendship with Piya and the hell after the marriage that he forced on her.

He had no idea what was real anymore. He was back in his mansion but he didn't know how many days passed to his kidnapping and to his stay in hospital. This showed the level he was lost in a world not even known to him.

All he saw was Siddharth brotherly love and Piya support. And all he remembered was the blood he shed. The murder he committed and the revenge he completed.

The feelings of what he did, never left him.

He snatched the life of a woman who gave him life. He stopped the heartbeats of a woman who brought life to his heart.

His mother.

The person he yearned the most in his life and the person he never managed to hate completely. The person who gave him life and the person who destroyed him.

Killing her was never his intention. He just wanted to knock her unconscious, so to escape their clutches, and protect Piya from the nightmare that they were.

But he did.

His nights were filled with her closed eyes and he was still able to see her blood on his hands. He wasn't able to forgive himself for stabbing her heart.

The monster in him was growing and he didn't know how to control it anymore. The proof was he didn't take second to kill another life, after killing his own mother. He wasn't even over mourning and regretting that he went on killing her husband too.

That person deserved it but he hated to be the reason for his death. There was satisfaction for avenging his father but there was regret that he himself became a criminal.

A criminal who got away from heinous crime.

People thought different, of course, and hence there were people and a whole trial who stamped him innocent.

Siddharth said he wasn't at fault and that even police considered it self defense after seeing the crime scene. They even got some footage which clearly showed he wasn't at fault and that even court had acquitted him.

But footage could be manipulated and money could buy the justice.

Though Siddharth assured him it was a fair trial, he wasn't able to stop thinking himself as a criminal.

The blood was nagging him and the loneliness was monstrous, shaping his thoughts into things he wasn't ready to believe.

Siddharth told him, he should try to come out the shell he had frozen himself to, but it wasn't easy, and he wasn't ready.

There was nothing in the world that appealed him.

But then there was Piya. The person he was ready to do everything for and the person he was scared of.

Scared.

Yes, that's what he was in real.

Her support came as surprise for him. But it seemed so similar to the time they were best friends. An illusion that he lived for years and the illusion that crashed into dust when a wave of cold wind blew.

Left with not even his heart, Abhay wasn't ready to open his arms for those feelings again. Her love was his madness and the monster that her love created in him, was growing into a monstrous beast that would raze the existence of everything around him.

He wasn't ready for destruction and he had accepted his fate. Piya was a dream that he would never forget but a dream that would be never his.

The click of door gained his attention and he looked at Piya who entered the room after changing her casual into a white gown.