Chapter 7 - The Attempt

Holding her hand and walking down the stairs of his lonely mansion was a dream come true but he didn't feel happiness. The sadness still burned in his hell. Having her was his necessity to live but her silence was killing him. Happiness had always been angry and too far from him but he thought Piya would understand him like she always did. That his sunshine would understand the need of her in his wilting, shady, world but it seemed life wasn't done testing him.

"Why do I feel like you will never accept me?" Abhay thought glancing at her as they stopped near dining table. Her downcast face was scratching his wounds.

Sighing with swirling thoughts, Abhay pulled out the head chair for her. The shock on her face was what he expected but the missing happiness was inciting a desire to cry over his loneliness. Half hoping her to walk away, he sighed in relief on seeing his Queen settling on her rightful place. Silently he slipped down on chair beside her.

Serving her favourite dinner to her, his eyes scanned her face to find any clue of happiness but again disappointment laughed at him.

"Do you have anything to tell me?" Abhay questioned taking his pasta while his eyes hovered on her face not wanting to miss any emotion. A frown appeared on her face before it turned blank.

"I don't even want to see you, talking is another matter," Piya said holding her anger back and digging into her food completely missing the blood draining from his face.

His breathing turned difficult as the need to cry out his pain intensified. Opening his palm, he let the fork drop noiselessly on table and stood up.

"Then pray for the day when my heart stops beating" Abhay whispered "srf tb hy tmhry khuwahish pory ho skty hai (only then your desire will be fulfilled)"

His legs dragged him out of the hall to stairs and from there, he rushed out on the spacious terrace under the clear sky. The drowning darkness of night was what his life was, but just like the night sky, he was holding onto the tiny rays of his personal sunshine in a hope that dawn would bring the morning of happiness in his life, one day.

The day he had hoped would bring infinite stars of happiness in his life was filling him with hurt which was increasing day by day. Proposing Piya was supposed to be the completion of his heaven but it turned out to be the destruction of the heaven he was building from years and when the heaven crumbled, hell emerged out of it.

He didn't want to live in hell but it seemed hell was making its own place for his demons and he was turning into a fire, his flower despised.

The return of his angel, his Piya, in true senses was compulsory for his heaven. Just like oxygen is compulsory for life.

But she was going far from him every day and his hell was getting reasons to live more.

As if the cursed call in the morning wasn't enough to destroy his little peace that Piya had to be against him in front of Pari, his little angel. The girl who was always caring for others happiness was suddenly too rude to notice the fallen face of his little angel or to understand the depth of scars her words would leave on the soul of that little girl.

True, he was wrong in forcing her to marry him but was this such a sin to be so rude and uncaring for little angel. Was her family so important for her that she didn't care for the innocence of little angel just because she was close to him? Her family wasn't even in danger but she had to cry for them and became so angry to break the heart of little angel just because she was his little angel.

His little angel, who was so pure and innocent to understand the cruelty of world and who was already going through so much. Why had to be Piya so realistic to her?