Chapter 5 - The Blood

Abhay noticed her looking at her parents with yearning. He understood her thoughts even before she could voice it. He looked at her family calculating the decision in his mind.

Her family; Furious Arvind, crying Sunanda and helpless Raina. No, Abhay decided. He wasn't going to fulfil her wish. Not at any cost.

"Forget it. They won't bless us. Curses is all they can give us at this moment so we are not going to them for blessing." Abhay said, his eyes throwing daggers towards the people who were going to marry off his love to a stranger.

"Let's go," Abhay said and placed his right hand across her waist, touching her bare skin.

"Haq hai mjhe (I have the right)" Abhay whispered with accusation in his eyes on seeing her flinching at his touch. It sure did hurt a piece of his broken heart but he didn't let those frail feelings overpower his darkness.

Abhay looked away and pulling her with him, made his way down the wedding altar. She too followed him like a lifeless puppet.

The gunmen around the altar clustered around the two as Abhay walked away with helpless Piya by his side while others stayed back holding her family at gunpoint and keeping an eye on guests to stop any unwanted chaos by any of them.

Abhay brought her outside to his car, under the dark sky, complementing the darkness consuming both of them in a different way. One burning in the darkness of continuous, rejection and hurt while the other lost in the darkness of pain, fear and unwanted relation.

Abhay left her waist and opened the door of the passenger seat for her. Holding the door open for her, Abhay gestured her to sit inside but Piya stood drowned in her own misery and tears.

"Let them go now.." Piya managed to say in a feeble voice

Abhay clutched the car door tightly letting it pierce deeper in his wound. Darkness shrouded his eyes.

"Sit" Abhay gritted, clenching his jaws tight

Scared by his monstrous look, she sat inside the car. Abhay moved to the other side and sat on the driver seat.

He leaned on her, quickening her heartbeats with her hands fidgeting nervously with her veil. He noticed the fear and nervousness but didn't comment.

Contrary to what Piya might have thought, Abhay pulled the seat belt and buckled it around her as required for safety caution. He moved back gazing at her artistically scared face. Something stirring in him but he suppressed it.

Without caring to put on seat belt, Abhay started the car and drove off on the deserted roads and maddening darkness.

The journey was silent. Only suppressed sobbings of Piya was heard which was driving Abhay crazy and hence he tried to reach at his place as soon as possible at a safe speed in maximum.

Abhay got out of the car as they reached their destination. He opened the car door and looked at her broken form. Sadness came in his eyes for a moment before darkness overtook it.

Abhay leaned on her and placed his hand around her neck looking at her. Her head snapped towards him and her teary hazel eyes met with his dark, honey brown eyes.

Keeping the eye contact, he swept her in his arms, shocking her by his swift action.

Abhay stood straight, looking in her eyes with accusations as he held her in his arms and she didn't place her hands around his neck.

There was disgust on her face and she wriggled a bit in his arms before Abhay threatened her otherwise.

"Don't" Abhay's one word with warning in his dark eyes was enough to stop her efforts and she looked away not wanting to see his face.