1

{Evan}

She's sitting there, at a table, waiting for her friend to join her. Her blonde hair glistens in the sunlight that shines through the window. For a moment I stand outside, watching her as she takes a sip from her coffee. She's always waiting for her friend. Every friday they meet at the café at twelve o'clock. She is always five minutes early, and her friend is always late. I don't understand how she can live with that. I would've been mad if someone treats me like that.

Allison Hill is what you call, perfection. Although, not many guys see that. She doesn't have the biggest boobs or the biggest ass, but it wouldn't suit her. She's a small girl. But some guys only care about the body. They don't see what's beneath it. They don't even look at the eyes, the beautiful blue eyes.

Just as she looks up her friend walks in, so she doesn't catch me staring. I turn around and walk away. I always walk away as soon as her friend joins her. I don't like to watch her around anyone else. One time I sat at a table and looked at her while she was talking to her friend. I liked the way she laughed, the way she talked. But I didn't like her friend. She isn't interesting.

I know who Allison Hill is. I know her rituals, who her friends are. But I don't know everything about her. I don't know what her favorite food is, her favorite color, her favorite book, or movie. I need to get to know her better. She knows I exist. We take the same classes. We've never talked. At the beginning of the semester I saw her staring at me from across the classroom. Ever since I'm amazed by her. She doesn't know that. She knows nothing about me. I doubt she even knows my name.

I've tried to fight it, to fight my interest in her. But the harder I tried, the harder I fell right back. I had to watch her have boyfriends, have dates with other guys. She is in a relationship currently, but things aren't going quite well. They fight a lot. Her boyfriends name is Asher. He's a typical rich guy who thinks he can get everything he wants. He doesn't understand life. He doesn't know you have to fight for things you want. He never learned that. He thinks everything will just be thrown at him. He thinks Allison just loves him and he doesn't have to fight for her. I know she wants someone who takes care of her, loves her, fights for her. Asher doesn't have what it takes to truly love her, I do. I would invest my time in her, get to know her, love her.

I sit down on a bench and grab my phone. When I open Snapchat I see that Allison posted a picture in her stories. Allison is known by a lot of people. She has many followers on Instagram, but not many people really know her.

'Yeah, I'm almost there.' I look up and see her. She's on the phone, talking to someone. 'Don't be mad. Stacy and I were just having a nice talk. I lost track of time.' She's probably talking to Asher. When she walks past me she notices me and she smiles at me for a moment, before Asher takes all of her attention again. I didn't even have the chance to smile or say something back.

My gaze follows her as she walks towards the train station. She puts her phone back in her bag and smiles widely when she sees her boyfriend. She runs up to him and drops herself into his arms. They don't see each other that often. Asher studies at a different university. I'm glad he does. He annoys me. He's wearing a neat white shirt with dark trousers and black oxford shoes. I really don't see why Allison likes him.

If I listen closely I can hear them talking.

'Why were you late, again?' Asher asks. 'You said it wouldn't happen again.'

'I was with Stacy,' Allison explains. 'She was having trouble with something. I helped her.' I roll my eyes. Stacy always has trouble. And it's always boy trouble. Just stop with the one night stands. That way you won't get hurt.

'It's pretty suspicious Stacy always has trouble,' Asher says. He's right about that, at least.

'What are you saying?' Allison asks. Asher shrugs his shoulders.

'I don't know,' he mutters. 'Am I saying anything?'

'If you're suggesting I'm cheating on you, you're wrong,' Allison says. 'I would never do that.'

'They all say that,' Asher says. 'Why would I believe you?'

'Because I'm your girlfriend!' Allison yells frustrated.

'Don't yell at me!' Asher hisses. I feel anger building up inside of me. How can he talk to her like that?

'Or else what?' Allison laughs, but I can see tears forming in her eyes.

'You know what? Go back to your other lover. I'm done.' Asher starts to walk away, but Allison pulls him back.

'Don't touch me!' Asher shouts before his hand hits her cheek. Immediately I jump off the bench and walk towards them. Who the fuck does he think he is?

'Don't you fucking hit her!' I growl at him as I push him to the ground.

'So you're her secret boyfriend?' Asher asks. 'I guess I'm right then.' He looks at Allison, who stares at us with a shocked look.

'I'm not her boyfriend,' I say as I stand back up on my feet again. Asher gets up as well and laughs.

'Keep telling yourself that,' he says. 'Allison we're done. You're nothing but a whore.' He walks away and I turn around to face Allison. A tear is running down her cheek.

'He...' she stammers. 'He just...' She lays her hand on her cheek.

'He hit me,' she whispers. Then she looks at me. 'I... Thank you for standing up for me.'

'It's not a big deal,' I mumble. 'He shouldn't have hit you.'

'You're Evan, right?' she asks then. 'We're in the same class.' She does know my name. I nod.

'I don't know how to thank you,' Allison says.

'It's fine, really,' I say. 'Don't worry about it.' She nods.

'Well, I should go home,' she mumbles. 'I guess I'll see you Monday then.' I nod and watch her as she walks away. That was Allison Hill.

(The first chapter! What do you think?)