33

{Allison}

When I wake up I see Evan laying next to me, his full lips slightly parted and his chest rises and falls back down with every breath he takes. He looks peaceful. We still need to talk about what happened last night. If he's not ready to talk about it, that's fine. But at least say it, instead of ignoring me and pushing me away. I don't know what happened between him and his parents, but I hope he understands I'm here for him.

Evans arms are still wrapped around me, his warm, big hands at the small of my back. I smile and kiss him on the cheek before I turn around and look at my phone to check the time. It's only 5 AM.

Suddenly I hear a knock on the door, so I get out of bed and open the door to find a crying Stacy in front of me.

'All,' she stammers.

'What happened?' I ask her concerned.

'Liam,' she whispers. 'He... I...' Loud sobs escape from her lips and I turn around to see that Evan has woken up. He looks tired.

'I'll leave,' he mumbles and I bite my lip. I don't want him to leave. We still need to talk. But I can't turn Stacy down. She clearly needs me.

'I'll see you later,' I say to him. Evan gets out of bed and puts his clothes on before he leaves the room.

'I'm sorry for just turning up,' Stacy says. 'I just didn't know what to do...'

'It's okay,' I assure her. She's my best friend. I don't know what happened, but it has to be serious. I've never seen Stacy this upset.

'What's going on?' I ask her, sitting down on my bed.

'I was going to surprise Liam,' Stacy tells me. 'So I went to his dorm, and when I got there...' Her eyes start to fill with tears again.

'He was in bed, hooking up with some girl,' she whispers. 'I thought everything was going fine between us. We were not officially together, but I felt like we were exclusive, you know?'

'Did you talk to him about it?' I ask her. She shakes her head.

'I couldn't bear to see him and that girl any longer,' she explains. 'So I left and went here. I feel so stupid.'

'It's not your fault,' I say to her. 'He shouldn't have done that. But maybe he thought you guys were in a different position? Did you say to each other that you're exclusive?' Stacy shakes her head.

'No, but you just know when it feels right,' she sighs. 'Allison, I'm in love with him and I never told him.' She normally never falls in love this quickly. He's really done something to her.

'Why not?' I ask her.

'Because...' She looks at the ground. 'Because I was afraid that he wouldn't feel the same. And well, I was right about that. Even though I didn't want to be.'

'I think you should talk to him,' I say. 'Maybe he doesn't feel the same, but it's better to know now. But, maybe he does feel the same way about you. I've seen the way he looks at you.'

'Why would he fuck someone else then?' Stacy hisses. I shrug my shoulders.

'I don't know,' I mumble. 'People do weird stuff sometimes.' I'm not the one to judge someone who has cheated. I've done it myself.

There's a loud knock on the door and I sigh. Why does everyone needs to be here at 5 in the morning? I stand up and open the door. Liam is standing in front of me.

'Hey, I'm sorry to bother you,' he says, panting. 'Is there any chance Stacy is here?' I nod and open the door further so he can walk in.

'Stacy, I'm so sorry,' Liam starts to apologize.

'I'm in love with you,' Stacy whispers, so softly I doubt Liam can hear it. I'm surprised she told him straight away, but it's probably for the best.

'What?' Liam looks confused.

'I'm fucking in love with you, okay?!' she says, almost yelling.

'Why didn't you tell me?' Liam asks, sitting down next to Stacy on the bed. I probably shouldn't be here, listening to their conversation. But they're in my dorm, so it's fair.

'Because I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same,' Stacy mumbles. 'Which you clearly don't.'

'Stace, if I knew you felt this way about me I would've never slept with that other girl,' Liam says. 'Fuck, I thought you didn't like me anymore. You were so distant the last few days.'

'I was scared,' Stacy admits. 'I've never felt this way about someone before.'

'I was scared too,' Liam says. 'I was planning on telling you that I'm in love with you, but then you cancelled our date. I needed some distraction and she was there and... It's a lame excuse, I know, but I'm so sorry.'

'It's okay,' Stacy whispers, a small smile forming on her face. 'I feel like I should be mad, but I'm not.'

'I'm glad you're not,' Liam says.

'Guys, I don't want to interrupt anything,' I begin. 'But do you mind taking this conversation somewhere else? I have somewhere to go.' I need to talk to Evan. And I'd rather do it now than later.

'Of course,' Stacy says. 'I'm sorry for my bullshit.'

'It's fine,' I smile. 'I'm glad you're okay.'

Once they've left my dorm I text Evan.

[05.32 AM]

Can I still get my morning cuddle?🥺

[05.33 AM]

Of course❤️

I smile and get dressed. I love cuddling with Evan in the morning. It has become my favorite thing over the last few days.

When I knock on Evans door, he opens it within seconds.

'I do need to get some sleep,' Evan mumbles. I nod and put my leggings off before I join Evan in bed. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

'Is Stacy okay?' he asks.

'Yeah,' I say. 'Liam had sex with someone else, but they're okay now.' Evan nods and within minutes, he's back to sleep. I'll talk to him when he wakes up again. He's had a rough night.

(So the exams in the Netherlands have been cancelled because of the coronavirus. I still have one testweek to go to graduate, but I'll make it (if everything goes right). So after that, I'll have plenty of time to write. I'm slowly thinking about writing a new book, but I have to make a proper plan. And I'll do that once I've finished writing this book. 

Anyways, what do you think of Stacy and Liam? I think they're kinda cute :))