chapter 5: the truth. pt.2

Norman was taken back by the woman's remarks.
"A common enemy? And who would that be?"

"The wall crawler, after some digging it was exposed Adrien tombs aka the vulture was..co employed by oscorp. You gave him the permits he needed to clean up from the attack on new York by Loki, you also funded part of his bail in secrecy and even confiscated the ruins of his suit after his brawl with Spider-Man. As you know the arachnid is in France probably employed by shield to scope out ladybug and chat noir, the man is smart...if he pokes around too much he'll expose who Hawkmoth is.."

In anger Norman clenched his fists and stopped moving giving her a cold glare. 
"So let me guess, Gabriel has something to do with the villain creating all these monsters and he wants my help to bring the bug down...and if I refuse he'll expose me.."

She smirked and looked back at him with a soft nod as Gabriel walked out to meet them in his Hawkmoth form.
"Correct...I won't be akumatising you however oh no...I'll be supporting you with a lab and equipment...keep the wall crawler off my back and I'll keep ladybug and chat noir off yours..."

Norman smirked a big toothy grin and nodded slowly.
"Very well..you have a deal Mr.agreste"
-------------
Peter returned an odd hour later and looked up from his passes noticing Tom and Sabine baking with marinette, Tom smiled at Peter as he finished kneading some dough.
"Ah Peter! Marinette tells me you and her are going to the winter formal that's coming up."

"Oh uh yeah..but it's as friends though!"
Tom laughed as Marinette blushed horribly, Sabine walked over and put her hand on his shoulder.
"Calm down Peter..it's alright we're happy to help...do you have a suit? If not what are your colors gonna be?"

"Oh well uh..I don't..I don't know..can we discuss it first before we decide to do anything? I'd like to know what the colors for the dance are gonna be and I'd like to go off that"

Marinette smiled and rushed over grabbing Peter's hand and lead him away in a drag.
"Yup we'll go discuss that right now! Come on Peter let's hurry!"

She spoke quickly and Peter just nodded heading up stairs as Tom smiled at Sabine and winked causing her to giggle, once up in Marinettes room Peter leaned against a wall and looked at her as she slowly caught her breath.
"Soo..Peter...what colors do you like..?"

"Me...uh...I like red...and black kinda..?"
He was nervous obviously but tried to smile, his boyish smile hit Marinette hard, she turned away in a dark blush and nodded quickly.
"I'll let my parents know! I took the liberty of cleaning your room by the way..."

Peter's heart sank as his mind began to race.."did she find my suit?! My web shooters?! Oh God...this is bad this is really bad!"

She smiled slightly and faced him.
"It's all clean now, I didn't touch under the bed because I don't know what's under there and if it's your personals then you can touch those..."

Peter nodded as his heart rate slowed and he smiled.
"Alright cool, uhm hey.."
Marinette looked at him and tilted her head.
"Yes?"

Peter was blushing more now than ever, "would you l-like to go with me...to the..Osborne expo...? I have two passes and Ned kinda bailed on me to go play games with nino.."

"Oh uh sure! When is it?"
Her face now matched the shade of red on ladybugs suit as she tilted her head and smiled slightly.

"Well I think it's sometime tomorrow? Not sure it's on for a few days..it shows some of oscorps newest inventions including a new flying object...I think..a glider..?"

Marinette nodded and smiled taking one of the passes from Peter.
"I'd like too Pete.. but...can...can I be honest with you...?"

"Y-yeah of course you can!"

Marinette sat down and sighed putting the pass next to her, she put her face into her palms and began breathing hard.
"I like you...I like you a lot but..I'm scared...I liked Adrien and got hurt and now...I'm falling for you but soon you'll have to go back home and..and.."

"Marinette...it's okay...truth is...I really like you t-too...I still work for Stark in a way...they could send me back out here for a number of reasons..."

Marinette blushed and gulped looking up at him.
"Then would...would you like too..."

"I'd be honored Marinette..."
Peter wrapped her in a hug as she wiped her tears on his shoulder and smiled slightly.

Peter than looked at the time and smiled as he stood up and looked down at the blushing, blue haired girl.
"It's late...I should turn in... goodnight Marinette"

He smiled as she waved him off and he walked out of her room heading into his, Tikki flew up quickly and looked at Marinette in amazement.
"You just got a boyfriend Marinette!!!!"
-----------
(Hello everyone sorry for not updating this in a while just had a lot going on! I'm going to branch this story in its own direction and bring in some new but familiar faces! Your feed back is welcome and I'll gladly take suggestions or add in scenarios you all would suggest!)