chapter 6: the past

Marinette smiled as she climbed into bed blushing happily as the kittle bug like creature flew in front her face.
"I know tikki...but...I wonder how luka will take it..I mean..he does like me and all and after Adrien rejected me he seemed so sure he'd be the one I.."

"Marinette enough, I'm sure luka will be happy that you're happy..besides it's your choice..be happy..a cute boy like Peter has fallen for you and seems to really care about your well being"

"You're right tikki! I'll text everyone and let them know right away then I should sleep.."
Tikki nodded and smiled as she vanished from sight, Marinette pulled out her phone and texted alya first.

M:guess what happened!!!

A:What girl? This must be big, you never text me with this much excitement..lol.

M:well Peter and I have been hanging out a lot recently..and we've been talking..

A:OMG...are you two together?!

M:..yes.

A:say no more! I'll text everyone and tell them the news!! Congrats now get to bed girl!

Marinette smiled and said her phone away under her pillow which tikki slid under and moved too it's charger, Marinette slowly shut her eyes and fell into a soft deep sleep.
-------------
(In the dream)
-
Marinettes eyes popped open as she sat up with a yawn and stretched, she looked around at her room in a bit of shock as everything seemed..odd..really odd..she could hear her parents down stairs talking, tikki flew out of her purse on her desk and hit her chest hard crying.
"Marinette oh my god!! It's been so long!!"

"Tikki..what the heck are you talking about? It's only been a few hours since I went too bed.."

"Wait..you..you don't know..?"

"Know what..?"

Tikkie quickly brought her her phone and opened up a small app to which a news reporter came on.
"Breaking news! The avengers have done it! It's been five long years since the being known only as thanos appeared and attacked new York...after interviewing the team we learned that thanos had defeated them and in doing so wiped out half of all life in the universe! But with their recent efforts thanos is defeated and all life has been restored...all though it is not without great loss...Black widow....and vision lost their lives...along with the leader of the avengers Tony stark....these brave heroes gave their life to restore all of ours and as a tribute a festival will be held in his honor in a few short days..damages are high and we must now rebuild what was destroyed.."

Marinette turned her phone off and shook her head before running down stairs, her parents turned in shock and ran over hugging her tightly in a tear filled embrace, her mother sobbed and held her the tightest.
"Oh Marinette! You're back! Thank God you're back!"

"Oh honey your mother and I have missed you! We thought you were gone for good!"

"So it's true..what the news said..?"

"Yes honey...so many people were wiped.out...but they did it..the avengers brought you back..they brought everyone back!"

Marinette spent hours reconnecting with her friends and talking with everyone who wasn't effected by thanos, most of her friends were poofed as well as a large number of her teachers but many weren't so fortunate. They were spared proofing but struggled to live in a post thanos society, Marinette sighed and went on with her normal life as they slowly got France cleaned up and back to normal.
+----+
Marinette shifted in her bed as swear began to form on her forehead as she twisted and turned.
+---+
She was now standing down the hall from adrien, her friends behind her were encouraging her to do it, to finally confess her feelings and ask Adrien out!

"You can do it girl! You just gotta be upfront and tell him how you feel!"
Alya said smiling, as juleka smiled and nodded.

"Yeah,  if you don't try you'll regret it for the rest of your life!"

Marinette sighed and nodded before turning around and nervously walking up to Adrien who was talking to nino and kim, her heart was pounding as a bead of sweat dropped from her chin. Nino and kim looked back at her prompting Adrien to turn and look at her, he smiled slightly as she held a confused and very nervous look.

"Well hello there Marinette! What's up?"

With a loud gulp she looked down and began twiddling her fingers together as she softly spoke.
"Uhm..h-hu Adrien...I uh..I tell wanted to something I mean...I wanted to something tell I mean..oh fuck...I wanted to tell you something!"

She blurted out causing him to tilt his head holding a calm cool smile.
"Sure? What is it Marinette?"

Her face was a soft red and slowly darkened till it matched the crimson of iron man's armor.
"I...I....I LOVE YOU! I'VE HAD THIA HUGE CRUSH ON YOU FOR A WHILE AND I REALLY WANTED TO TELL YOU BUT THE FEAR OF REJECTION KEPT ME AWAY!!!"

Everyone was shocked as she had done it, she finally admitted how she felt. Everyone was watching in awe as a friend face went from shock to sadness.
"Marinette...I'm sorry..I like you as a close friend but I'm in love with someone else.."

With those few words her heart broke, she was holding tears in her eyes, soon they over filled and hot tears ran down her face, she quickly turned around and rushed off before he could say another word, her friends watched with regret as Marinette vanished, alya tried to follow but couldn't keep up with her. Nino and kim were trying to boost Adrien by changing the subject but he was ashamed of himself for hurting her.

Marinette stopped in the back of an ally and was sobbing uncontrollably when tikki flew out from her bag, the small kwami patted her head and began wiping her tears.
"It's okay Marinette...things may not have gone so smoothly but it's okay...he may come around.."

"No tikki..he doesn't love me or like me like that..he never will... I've spent so long rejecting cat noir for chasing him and when I finally try I get rejected.."

"Marinette..it's okay..there will be someone for you one day...you gotta be happy..you could be akumatized.."

Marinette wiped her eyes and looked in fear as a glowing black and purple moth fluttered towards her, she backed away and began swatting at it as she tried to cheer up but failed, her heart was broken and she couldn't help it. Tikki hid in her purse as she quickly scuttled back against a wall.
"Shoo go away!"

She held up the only thing she could grab in her purse which was a photo of Adrien, the moth vanished and her eyes held a familiar glowing moth around them.
"Hello! I am hawkmoth, heart break is so tragic and painful let me help you numb that pain with power! All I ask if you bring me ladybug and cat noirs miraculous!"

Marinette grinned as a black suit faded around her almost like ladybugs but broken hearts replaced the dots.
"I am heart breaker! Ahahaha!"

Minutes later dozens of people were crying in the streets as heart breaker was blasting people leaving a glowing broken heart on their chest. Before she could see what happened she was woken up by a big wave of fear, she sat up taking a deep breath and looked over at tikki who was eating on a cookie.
"Oh sorry did I wake you up Marinette?"

"No tikki..just a nightmare of when I was akumatized.."

"Oh you mean after..?"

"Yeah...after Adrien rejected me but it's okay..I have Peter now! I can't wait for everyone to know..I wonder what they're gonna say or do?"
+------+
End of chapter 6, I hope you guys are enjoying this I'm trying to capture the essence of each character and build on them without making them entirely new. Leave me some suggestions on what needs to be improved or leave some funny ideas for future events they may just be added to help add depth too the world.