the beginning pt. 2

PRIYA PATTERSON

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of the door open and shut. I sat up fast, feeling the bed next to me; looking for my knives which just so happened to be no where to be found. How the hell did I even fall asleep?

"N2O." Pierre answered and said, pointing towards the vents. "Had you out like a light."

My brows furrowed as I watched him walking into the room with a chair that he placed before me before taking a seat. I looked towards the bulletproof window that I had been trying to work at all night, realizing that the sun was now up and high meaning it was much later than I thought.

I returned my attention back to him and watched as he bit into a Granny smith apple. "Let me go." I ordered.

"Mmm," he smirked as he chewed, "I think not." He answered after swallowing. "Like I said, we have some talking to do."

"I said what I said, I have nothing else to talk about."

"Oh, and I heard what you said." he reached into his pocket with his freehand; pulling out a cheque that he outstretched towards me. At first, I was hesitant, my eyes glanced over it; reading my name along with the amount of money he inserted; payable to me. "500,000." He announced.

"I'm not doing what you asked me to."

"Oh, but you are." He said snatching the cheque away before I could. "You've stepped into my playground now... in case you haven't noticed."

"In case you haven't noticed. I have so much over your head." I said with a grin, "you wouldn't dare... I have someone on call ready to drop that video whe-."

"Yes, yes, I know." He chuckled. "Your cousin Simon is a computer whiz. You told him if you don't come back by Saturday with the money to send in the footage that you captured of me from little camera that you set up both in the parking lot and where I hit you." Pierre nodded. "I know the plan trust me."

"So then if I were you, I'd let me g-." my brows knitted. "How do you know Simon?" I looked down realizing I had been stripped out of the clothes I had wired and into a make-shift hospital gown.

"Simon, such a nice guy now that I think about it." he smirked. "We had a nice little chat this morning when I let him that I'm capable of making his death look like an accident. He was pretty understanding." Pierre nodded. "How did I get his number you may ask? Well, I made a call to your insurance on behalf of the local hospital letting them know that you passed away. I needed into the database in order to call your emergency contact and give him the news. Simon... was the only one. Simon's profile on Facebook was more open that one of my girls' legs. All his accolades, awards, projects. Putting two and two together was easier than I thought." With a shrug he took another bite from his apple then leaned back into the seat. "Like I said last night, I think it's better we talk out the logistics than you sit here and try to play the innocent victim... to be quite honest with you, I don't have the time and as far as I'm concerned; making you appear dead is much more easy than you'd assume. From what I can see you don't have much family or friends that I'd have to worry about looking for you."

"You don't know me."

"Libra, 25 years old, brown hair, brown eyes. African American blood. Spelman Graduate, your father got shot when you were eight, mom raised you and your two brothers who are now in prison; one serving life, the other is awaiting trial. The rest of your family is broken apart, so you don't keep in contact with them, only person you have somewhat of a relationship with is; your cousin Simon who is far too much of a nerd to be picky with friends. You, were very much a nerd as well which is why you had ONE friend, who just moved to study aboard." He took a deep breath, "would you like me to continue or have I covered all grounds?"