eleven: the issue

EGYPT CUNNINGHAM

I hit Priya's contact as I backed up into the parking lot located behind her restaurant location. I saw about a dozen construction workers going in and out with tons of wood, one of them shouting out instructions to the others while in the middle of some sort of phone call.

On the outside the place definitely looked like it needed a lot more work but from what I saw, I believed her vision would work perfectly in a location like this. Not to mention she was lucky enough to land herself somewhere, where she had this much parking space. Especially here, in downtown LA.

After a few rings, I finally heard saw Priya's face pop up on the screen of my iPhone. "Took you long enough!" I exclaimed, while putting my car into park. "I'm here."

"My bad, I was just running over some things with my interior designer. Come through the back entrance where the construction workers are."

"Iight."

"See you soon!" she gave a cheesy grin then hung up.

I unbuckled my seat belt and reached behind me for my jacket as I noticed a few raindrops begin to fall upon my windshield.

Before getting out, I also made sure to check my breath before spritzing myself with some cologne. It wasn't anything serious just a habit I had, I didn't believe anyone should endure the consequences of hot breath and I'd be damned if it was at the hand of myself.

Finally, I pulled my jacket on and got out, shutting the doors with the remote while I made my way in through the back door as instructed.

I greeted some of the men with a nod on my way in, I had to dodge a couple of hanging cords as well as watch my step as pieces of wood and scraps just laid all over the walkway. At the end of the hallway however, stood Priya jotting something down onto the notepad she had in her hand.

"Well, hello again." I smiled, causing her to lift her head and smile as well.

"Hello to you too, how did you find the drive here?"

"Not bad. It's quite central which is good." After giving her a respectful one-armed hug. I looked around and chewed on the inside of my lip.

"Most of this work is just electrical, the old restaurant that was here had horrible lighting, all of their circuits were pretty much fried and outdated. Which sucks but I'm kind of happy about because I got it for much cheaper than expected."

"As you should've."

"Luckily we have connections with this electrician and he's taking care of everything for half the price as well."

"Damn, blessings on blessing." I said while looking down on her.

"Indeed." She nodded, "now follow me so I can show you some of the completed parts of the building."

"After you."

Priya walked before me, showing me the common areas like the private bathrooms, the two open spaces that she was setting up as offices for herself and to my surprise, me. Priya introduced me to her interior designer who spoke to one of the workers. After greeting them, she then pushed open two swinging doors that led us into a very open area. The light from the floor to ceiling windows made it feel bigger than it actually was, not to mention that it had a balcony option and sunroof.

"And this right here is my most prized possession, the dining area!"

So far, most of the flooring was done and some of the lights were hung. On one side of the room where two identical swinging doors like the ones we had just exited from. "That'll be where the magic happens for you." She teased, "but we will save that for last."