twenty-seven: christina

PIERRE PALMER

"So, you're really not going to call your mom Priya? Seriously?" I raised my brow before chucking the phone I had at the wall, it shattered, and the fragments of its brokenness tumbled onto the ground below it.

I sighed, while running my fingers through my hair that now grew longer than I usually would keep it. My beard also quite unkept, along with my body that seemed to be taking off weight without any trouble at all.

I took the rolled blunt from behind my ear, placing it between my lips as I leaned back and lit it with the lighter, I had in my pocket. I took a couple long drags before exhaling the cloud of smoke than momentarily relaxed my tense body. I had never been this unsure, never been this confused, never been so unable to piece together a puzzle, yet here I was completely out of touch.

Priya had tried to outsmart me many times in the past, I beat her to it of course. However, this time things were much different. Priya had spent enough time with me to know exactly what it took to be ten steps ahead. Priya observed and paid attention, which is where my trouble was. I should've been doing the same, but instead; I became too comfortable.

I heard a knock on the front door, and I hissed, before taking another drag. I let out the smoke quickly, putting the blunt out in my ash tray. I shut off the tv then trotted over to get the door. I checked the front screen that displayed who was at the door, being as I wasn't expecting anyone. Rohan had denied my request and truth be told; his denial was all apart of my idea.

I knew Rohan well enough to know that me telling him about Priya being gone, was enough to send him into a search. Rohan was a smart guy; he knew a lot of people that knew a lot of people. I had my tabs on him, so if he caught a lead before me, I would be right there behind him. As of right now, I had my own leads.

My jaw clenched at the sight of Pharrell standing at the front door. I had tried my best to dodge him, but I knew that sooner or later he would put two and two together. I just thought with the way things ended the last time, that I would have more time.

I pushed the door open and stepped to the side to let him in. Once he stepped inside, I shut the door and turned to face him. "You've got some balls coming over here."

His brow rose and he let out a chuckle. "Look... I know you're pissed at me and we got a lot to sort out family wise, but first let's talk business."

"Let's talk about it, because as far as I'm concerned, we aint anywhere close to being family at this point."

"I'm still very much apart of this business, Pierre. Don't you think I deserve to know what's going on."

"It's too early for this." I sighed, while walking past him to head back into the living room.

"I went to the warehouse. I knew you were upset so I thought I would give you some time. Within that time however, you just so happened to clear out the entire place. Not a girl in sight!"

"I didn't clear out shit." I answered, nonchalantly while taking my blunt back up and resuming with where I left off.

"So, who did then? Because it's empty and you're sitting here, not reacting at all. Meaning simply that you already knew about this."

"I did." I shrugged.

"You did and didn't think to tell me?!"

"Yo." I looked Pharrell dead in the eye, "first of all, calm all that tough guy shit down."

"It aint tough guy shit, Pierre. That's just as much of my money as it is yours! I deserve to know when shit's going down. That's how I feed my kid, how I take care of my wife."