one: dreams

PIERRE PALMER

"Such a beautiful couple." One of the hundreds of guests say to us as they passed. The hotel banquet hall was packed which not only meant more profit, it also meant more eyes on me. Meaning, that I needed to be in and out as soon as possible. Thankfully, Priya would be doing most of the dirty work but I always felt the pressure.

I thanked the woman with a smile as I placed my hand against the small of Priya's back while she helped herself to an appetizer that was being brought around by the caterers for the event. Priya completely ignoring the woman, popped the mini spring roll in her mouth, thanking the server then continuing into the party.

I sighed to myself, as much as I knew she was upset; Priya knew better especially regarding business. My jaw clenched as I looked around to make sure no body would notice that there was trouble in paradise. Last thing I needed was all feminist eyes on me, thinking I was an abusive husband or something.

Fixing my cufflinks, I followed behind her and returned my hand right where it was before, this time she tensed up. I placed a kiss against her forehead before turning her around to look at me, I gripped her chin so she could look up into my eyes. "Fix the attitude." Was the only thing that I said to her, before I pecked her lips and smiled. Priya reacted almost immediately, removing that mug she had come in with.

"Boss." I turned to my left to see Rohan, dressed to impress which was something I knew I was out of his comfort zone. However, he made do, knowing that I needed the back up in case of any emergencies tonight. Over the years as I stepped up from recruiting in clubs to finding male customers in high-end events like this one here. I learned that no matter the surrounding, you had to be on your toes at all time, as smart as I knew I was; aint no telling who could be plotting behind the scenes.

"What's up?" I asked while dapping him up. Rohan greeted me first before hugging Priya.

"So, news... you may want us to talk outside."

"That kind of news?" I raised my brow and said, "Hmm." Turning to Priya, I gave her a nod letting her know I'd be outside. She of course, nodded then turned towards the rest of the crowd making her way to the open bar, knowing that's where she worked best.

I followed Rohan into the elevator, and he hit the penthouse suite, then leaned against the railing. I kept my stance, checking my watch to see what time it was. As much as I knew tonight was going to be a good one for money, I wasn't harping on the idea of being here all night. I knew that Priya was upset and for some odd reason I felt bad about it which I didn't understand why.

Priya was my prop, the title wife just made it all sound better, led to less questions for me and became a benefit for her. To me, she was just something that came in handy, there were zero feelings involved on my end that is. I just gave her that comfort I knew she needed and told her everything she needed to hear in order to stay after she had finished working off that 500k for me.

Priya was far too good to let go, so I'd like to say I had no other choice and I would've been an idiot to just let her go like that. However, a deal was a deal, I wasn't going to beg her to stay but I for sure wasn't going to make it easy. Which is why, I gave it to her right, wined and dined her, showered her with gifts and tokens of my appreciation. At first, she was skeptical, but my excuse was always that "I never fraternized with the ones that worked for me. Now that you're finished, I can approach you the way I have wanted to this whole time." That amongst thing I knew would make her legs weak. Bringing me to where we were today; a courthouse and a honeymoon in Bali later. BAM, we were married.

I didn't regret any of it though, Priya wasn't a bad person, we had great conversations, she wasn't too boring in bed, plus she had an amazing personality. That beside that major fact that she was making my business take off in ways I had never imagined. I really thought I was making some serious from dope dealers and club owners from the hood but the moment Priya stepped into my life, she changed it forever. That fearless charm she wore, caused men to flock to her and the right men at that. Our first rich client was a 53-year-old man that we had met a few years back, for some reason Priya and him got to talking, she scoped him out and offered him a night with one of our girls. I was a little bit iffy about it, I mean; anyone could be the feds nowadays. I liked sticking to routine and only what I knew, but Priya took a risk and this risk turned out to be successful. I made a lot of money that night for a girl that wasn't even worth the hype. This man became a customer and I made sure to set him up with the best, gradually; therefore, bringing in more money every single time. This one man and Priya of course, led me into doing what I now specialized in, Pimping out to only the rich and famous. My club days were over all thanks to her.