four: thinking about you

PRIYA PATTERSON

"It was really good catching up with you," Egypt said as he guided me out of the elevator and across the long foyer that led to the front door.

"Really was, it's crazy how small this world this."

"What's even crazier is how long we sat up there talking. I didn't even realize it was that late."

"Neither did I!" I shook my head at the thought, from 10:30 am or let's say 11 because I was late, to 5 pm. Everything just flowed; we jumped from topic to topic, worked on the menu, he gave me some ideas of the interior and exterior, we talked some more about life and old memories, then went back to working, the back to joking around again. We talked to the point where we sat there and did realize how hungry we were until we got up which wouldn't have happened if the concierge didn't come up there and let us know another group had a booking for 6.

To be quite real with you, the more I talked to him was the more I sat there in amazement of the growth. Egypt went from someone I couldn't stand in elementary to someone I could enjoy being around. His thought process was astounding, and his relaxing voice made the simplicity of food sound like sex. Egypt had a certain appeal to him, I loved how mature he was now, how well-mannered and intelligent. The way he spoke about how he treated his woman would make one weak in the knees that on top of the fact that he could COOK! Girl! For a moment, I almost forgot I had a man waiting for me at home.

Egypt had even offered me some dinner to go, which would've been nice right about now but with the 3 missed calls I had from my husband; I knew it was time for me to go home.

"Nevertheless, I must admit it was nice. You really reminded me of a lot, especially of what it feels like to be home."

"Well, we got a plan here." I held up the binder. "In no time, you will be back here and to stay."

"And I can't wait." He smiled, as we got to the door. I looked out to see that Mathis was right there waiting. "Alright well let me know when you get home. You can text me whenever you're ready for the next meeting."

"Will do." I outstretched my hand again to shake his. Egypt looked down at my hand then smirked.

"Gotta keep it professional, I see." He shook my hand, "Have a good night Priya."

"You as well, Egypt."

I turned on my heels and nearly fainted at the sight of Pierre getting out of the car. I was not expecting that at all.

I held it together though and walked down those steps with my head held high. I watched his eyes follow my every step before looking up at Egypt and giving the death glare. I slid into the back, greeting Mathis and he did the same, practically slamming the door on his way in.

"Did you not see my call?" he asked in a low tone, he stared straight ahead.

"I was busy working on ideas for the restaurant, I didn't even see my phone until it was time to leave."

"You've been out of the house from 10:30 this morning. You said you were meeting him at a restaurant, this is his building."

"Which I understand and there was a location switch last minute."

"One that you failed to mention to me."

"Like I said; I was busy. I didn't think it would be an issue, you know they have meeting rooms in h-."

"Are you cheating on me, Priya?"

"Excuse me?!" I sucked my teeth. "Are you crazy?"

"Answer the question Priya."