BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE

🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸

🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸🌿🌸

ZHAN'S POV

"Zhan? Zhan!"

I jumped, nearly spilling my coffee all over the desk and myself.

"What the heck Biyu! You nearly gave me a heart attack," I glared at her. I loved Biyu; She was nice, a little obnoxious but an overall good friend and accepted me as being a gay and all.

"Sorry, what's up with you today? You seem miles away and you look a little tired" she said, examining my face.

"Its nothing, just had a rough night" I said, I couldn't shake the dream I had last night. I was jogging in the street when all of a sudden a guy was jogging right behind me. I couldn't see his face because he was wearing a black hoodie. I tried to not panic or let paranoia get the best of me, but when he made every turn I did, I broke off on a sprint and he mimicked me. I was just around the corner to my apartment when I tripped and fell, but before I could scream for help, I woke up with a gasp...

"You know what to do you a world of good? Lunch, come on my treat" Biyu chimed; I envied her enthusiasm.

"I don't know Biyu, I still got a lot to do and..." she started closing my laptop and files, all I could do was stare at her in shock "What are you doing?"

"I'm not taking no for an answer sweetie" she tugged at my arm "You work too much, now come on!"

"Okay, no need to push me" I mumbled, grabbing my handbag.

We headed to a nearby restaurant,
"You know all work and no play makes Zhan a very dull guy," Biyu said, while munching on a burger. I don't know where she puts all the food she eats, she was so tiny. I was not a health freak but she overdoes it sometimes.

"Hey I know how to have fun, okay?" I said stubbornly

She rolled her eyes "You call reading books and listening to music fun?" she waved her fork in the air

"What about parties and boys?". she chuckled

"I'm not a party guy Biyu," I said, nor will I ever be...

"Okay maybe not a party animal, but what about boys huh?" she rose her eyebrows "When was the last time you had a date?"

"What's that got to do with anything?" I tried to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"Everything!" she sighed, "look Zhan, you're 28 and hot as hell, it's a crime that you're still single. You need to get out more and start having some fun." She said, her voice surprised me; Biyu was hardly the serious one so when she was it shocked me.

I knew her heart was in the right place, but I couldn't find it in myself to enter the dating scene again. The last guy I was with cheated on me with my best friend for God's sake;