Evil Like Me

I walk into Carlos and Jay's dorm with Mal and Evie at night.  Rachel was fast asleep, exhausted from her lessons on being a villain (she was a natural, though) and introducing me to singers and bands- Imagine Dragons, Little Mix, Fifth Harmony, Fall Out Boy, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Billie Eilish, Twenty One Pilots, P!ATD, Selena Gomez, etc.  She's pretty cool.

Carlos is playing a video game and Jay is dumping random stuff on his bed.  Carlos ducks and throws punches at the screen and glances over his shoulder when he sees me, "Hey Maddy."

"Hey.  No fair!  How come my dorm doesn't have a video game system?"

"We have two.  You can have one."  "Yes!" I punch the air, "Thanks, Carlos."

Mal walks over to Jay, "What are you doing?"

Jay smirks, "It's called stealing."

I pick up a phone, "Okay...what's the point?"

"Well Maddy, it's like buying whatever I want...except it's free."  I nod at that logic.  "Only I'm allowed to call her Maddy," Carlos yells over his shoulder.  "I've known her longer," Jay argues.  "True..." I hum, twirling a fancy pen, "but Carlos is right.  Only he's allowed to call me Maddy.  He came up with it, anyway."

Mal picks something up, "Okay.  You can do that.  Or!  You can leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world."

Evie groans, "Ugh.  You sound just like your mother."

Mal smiles, "Thank you."  I roll my eyes, "That's a bad thing, Mal."  "To you, it is.  You're the least villain kid from the Isle," Mal mumbles.  I smile mockingly, "Thank you."

"Die, suckers!"  Carlos yells at the TV, startling me.  "Jay. Come check this thing out.  Man, it's awesome."  He gives Jay the two sticks and Jay starts playing.

"Guys!  Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal snaps.

"Fairy Godmother, blah blah blah.  Magic wand, blah blah blah," Jay says making me, Carlos, and Evie laugh.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents!" Mal snaps, making us look at her.  "To prove that we are evil...and vicious and ruthless and cruel," she sighs.  "Yeah?"

We mumble, "Yeah."

Mal turns to Evie, "Evie.  Mirror me."

We all crowd around Evie and her mirror, "Mirror, mirror, on the- in my hand, where does Fairy Godmother's wand stand?"

There was a moment of smoke before the wand appeared on Evie's mirror.  "There it is!"

"Zoom out," Carlos says.

"Magic mirror, not so close," Evie hissed.  Then it showed the globe.  I roll my eyes at how dumb a magic mirror can be.

"Closer...closer...closer..."

Carlos instantly gets bored and points to the TV, "Can I go back to my game? I'm on Level 3."

He starts walking away when Mal stops him, "Stop!  It's in a museum."

"Do we know where that is?" I ask.

Carlos starts typing on a computer, "2.3 miles from here."

I open the door and peek down the hallway.  I turn back to them and nod.  We race quietly down the hall.  I stop and turn when I don't see Carlos, "Carlos!"

"Coming!" He hisses back.

When we enter the museum I turn to Evie, "Check your mirror."

She gasps, "Is my mascara smudged?"

"Yeah. And hey while you're at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand!" I hiss impatiently.

"Sure.  This way."  We follow Evie until we see two huge doors.  A security guard is in a huge chair watching the surveillance cameras.  He is sitting near a wheel and we look at the sign near it.

Maleficent's Spinning Wheel

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?"  Jay and Carlos start chuckling.

"Yeah, it's kinda dorky," Carlos admits.

"It's magic, it doesn't have to look scary." Mal opens her spell book, "Magic spindle, don't be linger, make my victim prick a finger." The guard leans back in his chair and yawns.

"Impressive."

"I got chills."  The boys start giggling again.

"Okay, you now what? Prick the finger, prick it deep, send my enemy off to sleep." The guard circles the spindle and pricks his finger. He stretches, yawns, and curls up next to the spinning wheel- fast asleep. "Not so dorky now, huh?" Mal smirks.  I try to open the door, but it's locked.

"Stand back," Jay smirks and takes a few steps back.  Mal quickly goes back to her spell book, "Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick."  The doors open just as Jay goes to kick the door, falling on his bottom.  We laugh and I lightly kick him, "Coming?"  We tiptoe by the guard, but Carlos lingers, staring at him.  I grab his hand and pull him along.

We race through the halls and enter a room with dim, dark lights and five statues.  Maleficent, Jafar, Cruella De Vil, the Evil Queen, and the Mad Hatter.

"Mommy?" Evie whispers.

"Killer," Jay breaths.

"I'll never forget Mother's Day again," Carlos says.

I stare at the statue of my Dad.  He's sitting down with a pout...but his eyes and crazy...mad and evil. 

But that's not my father

But that's not my father.  My father told me stories when I was little, sells hats to make a living and give me a good life, tells me to make my own future, and tells me he will always love me.

Jay claps and we all jump, "Well...wand's not here.  Let's bounce.  Come on."  We all gladly leave the room except Mal.  We follow the magic mirror until we find the wand.  "Yes!  We found it!  Evie, go get Mal!" I hiss.  She leaves and returns shortly with Mal.  Jay whoops and circles the wand.  He goes halfway under the railing.

"Jay, don't!" I hiss.  He just smirks, "Relax, Madison."  He goes under the railing and approaches the wand, "Jay, don't!  Don't!  No, no, no!"  He is thrown back by a force field and a loud, obnoxious siren nearly splits our ears.  We cover our eyes in agony.

"A force field and a siren?!" I scream over the noise.

"That's a little excessive," Jay winces.

"Come on!" Mal yells and we take off running.  A phone rings when we pass it, but I stop and stare at it.  Carlos picks it up and I hiss, "Carlos."  He hold up a finger, "Hello? Uh, just give me one second. One second. Uh..."  He flips through some pages,  "Yeah, yeah. No, false alarm. It was a malfunction in the-uh- in the 714 chip in the breadboard circuit. Yeah. Okay. Say hi to the missus."  He puts the phone down and I grin, "Impressive."  Mal hisses, "Come on, guys!"

"You're welcome," Carlos grumbles as we follow them.

We exit the museum and as we race back to the school, I turn to Jay.

"Way to go jay! Now we have to go to school tomorrow!"