Parent's Day

We all grouped in Jay and Carlos's dorm.  Mal goes over the plan, "Okay, we all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the Beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony. Okay. Carlos?"

Carlos continues, "Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand."  Mal nods, "Perfect. Evie?"  Evie nods and Mal hands her a perfume spray, "You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light.  Madison, you stay with me just in case I need you to go mad."  

I nod, "Okay."  Evie and I watch her mouth a spell.  Evie's mouth drops open, "M? You want to break Ben's love spell?"  Mal blinks and nods slowly, "Yeah. You know, for after.  I don't- I've just been thinking...you know...when the villains finally do invade Auradon...and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful- Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra...cruel."  We all shift uncomfortably.  Mal stands up and leaves with her spell book.  Evie calls after her, but she keeps walking.

I go back to my dorm where Rachel is already sleeping, peacefully snoring.  I stare at her for a minute.  She's my friend and I can only imagine how disappointed she's going to be when she sees what I've done.  I shake my head and lay down on my bed.  I turn my head to see the picture I took with the gymnastic team.  I didn't even mind having to wear blue and yellow so much.  I was so happy, mostly because everyone was so nice to me and Audrey wasn't there.  I look out the window and slowly fall asleep.

Parent's Day

"Evie, when you said the roses were inspiration, is this what you meant?"  Evie grins, nods, and admires my dress in the sunlight.

"I think you look beautiful.  And the leather jacket adds a nice touch,"  Rachel says.  I shrug, but before I can say that she looks beautiful too, Rapunzel grabs Rachel's wrist.

"Darling, come say hello to your father."  Rachel runs after her, her purple and pink dress flaring after her.

"  Rachel runs after her, her purple and pink dress flaring after her

Yeah, Rapunzel doesn't exactly like me.  

Jay and Carlos catch sight off the chocolate fountain and start dunking strawberries into the brown goodness.  Then they replace the strawberries with their tongues.  Gross.  I hold Dude for Carlos and he licks my hand.  I absentmindedly pet him while I skeptically look around.  Mal is meeting Ben's parents and I notice her gesture to us.  I wave and flash them my best smile- no, it's not my Ms. Mad Hatter smile.

Beast invite Jay and Carlos to play cricket.  I just watch and keep Dude with me.  Seeing everyone with their parents makes me miss my dad even more.

"You!"  Someone's loud, shrill cry makes me jump.  A woman is standing next to Audrey and staring at Mal in shock, "How are you here? And how have you stayed so young?"

Ben rushes to Mal's side, "Queen Leah, it's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal. Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"  Queen Leah shakes her head, "A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us?  Come on. You remember, don't you? The poison apples. And the spells. Spells. My daughter... was raised by fairies because of your mother's curse. So her first words, her first steps, I missed it all! You mustn't trust her."

Mal reaches for her arm, "I'm so so..."  Chad stops her, "Go away! Stay away from her!"  Ben warns, "Don't do this, Chad."  Chad blinks, "What?  They were raised by their parents, Ben.  What do you think villains teach their kids? Huh? Kindness? Fair play? No way, okay? Uh-uh."  He turns to Mal, "You stole another girl's boyfriend."

He turns to me, "You enjoy threatening people."  I glare at him, "Only idiots like you."

He ignores me and turns to Jay, "Oh. You enjoy hurting people."  He turns to Evie, sneering, "And you.  You're nothing but a gold digger and a cheater." I ball my fist and Evie pulls out her mirror, "Mirror, mirror, in my hand, who's the biggest jerk in the land?"  It shows Chad's picture and he scoffs, "What? Come on!"  He shoves her hand away and she stumbles.  Jay snaps and grabs Chad's collar, "Back off, Chad. All right? Back off!"  Ben pulls Jay back and Evie sprays Chad with the sleeping potion.  He collapses and Audrey and Lonnie rush to try and wake him.

Evie and I each grab one of Mal's arms and pull her away.  Jay and Carlos follow us and we keep walking until we reach a shaded bench.  I collapse next to Carlos and cross my arms.  I blink away hot tears of anger.  Ben walks up behind Mal.

"Hey, guys. How is everyone?"  We don't answer and he rambles on, "Yeah? Hey, listen. Forget about it. All right? It was nothing. Forget about it. Let it go. Tomorrow, after the coronation, I promise everything will be okay."  He looks up and mumbles into Mal's purple hair, "I have to go. I'll see you guys later."

He walks away and Doug leans towards Evie, "Listen, Evie, I wanna talk about earlier today. I just..."  Chad calls, "Doug!"  Evie looks like she's about to cry, "It's my fault, Doug. I'm sorry."  Doug shakes his head, "No, it's mine."  Chad yells, "Doug! What?"  Doug sighs, "Sorry, I can't.  Okay."  Audrey and Jane walk behind Mal and pause near her.  "How long does she think that's gonna last?  Mal is just the bad girl infatuation."  Jane snickers, "Yeah. I mean," she bends close to Mal's ear, "he's never gonna make a villain a queen."  Audrey cackles and Mal flips open her spell book, sighing, "Beware, forswear, undo Jane's hair."

She flicks her finger and we hear Jane scream.  The girls surrounding her break apart, revealing her short, schoolgirl haircut.  Chad laughs, "Ew!"  Mal stands up, "There's a lot more where that came from."  Audrey puts her hands on her hips, "Excuse me, who do you think you are?" I stand up, "Listen, princess.  You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us.  And you don't want me to go Mad Hatter on you."  She blinks, "You're crazy.  All of you."  Mal scoffs, "Do I look like I'm kidding?"  

When the girls just stand there, Mal nods and opens her spell book.  The girls and boys scram and Mal turns to us, "I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. Let's grab that wand and blow this Popsicle stand."  We nod and leave.  

Maybe seeing Auradon burn won't be so bad after all.