9.

emma chamberlain

I finished my first day of classes, thankfully.

It was an uneventful day, besides Grayson hijacking my brain during my business class.

I was now squished in between my pillows and blankets in my bed. I was convinced I wasn't going to move for the rest of the day.

That is, until Ethan called.

"Emma! Get outside! It's important!" Ethan's voice rang through the phone with urgency.

I jumped out of my bed, throwing all my sheets onto the ground. My feet sprinted towards the front door, flinging it open. I could feel my heart rate rising with each step.

So many thoughts ran through my head, some of them more dangerous than others.

Before I could take more than one step outside my door, I had been hit by something. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and my fingers immediately went to the hem of my shirt, where I had been hit.

Wet.

I look up and my eyes are met with a grinning Ethan holding a water balloon.

"Water balloon fight!" Ethan yelled, getting ready to aim another one at me.

"NO THAT IS UNFAIR," I yell in an attempt to get him to change his mind about throwing the second water balloon.

"I know," he smiled cheekily.

As the water balloon comes hurling at me, all I can think about is how I would let him throw water balloons at me for as long as I live.

The water splashed on me, and I start laughing uncontrollably.

Of course I would realize my feelings for this boy as he's chucking balloons filled with water at me.

Ethan started walking towards me with confusion, "what's so funny?"

"Nothing," I grinned.

I never thought Ethan would be the type of guy I fell for.

He pushes people away, he's hesitant about every step he makes in life, and he hates being vulnerable.

But, once I wiggled my way into his life, he showed me he's empathetic.

He showed me his loving and protective side.

He willingly lets me drag him on adventures.

Fuck did I fall hard, and I'm excited.

While Ethan was trying to figure out what I was up to, I sprinted towards his cooler, grabbing two water balloons.

"Payback's a bitch," I wound up to throw the balloons at him, when he came sprinting at me.

He tackled me onto the grass, rather gracefully I'd say, because I didn't feel a thing as I hit the ground.

"Not on my watch," Ethan said as he grasped my wrists to remove the water balloons.

My breath hitched in my throat at the sight of Ethan above me. His dark hair falling on his face slightly. His eyes filled with nothing but happiness. His teeth showing from his wide smile.

I took this time to just stare at every single one of his features.

Maybe I shouldn't have, because Ethan awkwardly cleared his throat and worked his way off of me.

I wasn't sure what I wanted or expected from him, but I needed more.

This is one time that I'd let myself be selfish, he made it too hard not to.

[im not the happiest w this chapter but i hope u guys enjoy]