11.

emma chamberlain

His kiss was soft and gentle, but I could feel the kindling fire behind it.

I went to cup his face with my hands, and just as my fingers grazed his skin, I came back to reality.

I pulled away with shock.

"We're kissing," I stated while looking around my room in confusion.

Ethan's cheeks started to turn a bright shade of red.

"Yeah," he said sheepishly.

"We're kissing," I said again, this time looking at him in the eyes.

He immediately started to reconsider his actions, "uh, we don't have to, I mean," he stuttered out.

I grinned from ear to ear at his shyness. My fingers grazed his cheeks, my hands cupping his face in my hand and I attached our lips again.

Eventually, I pulled away to catch my breath, my eyes fluttering open. A sudden thought crossed my head as my lips detached from his, "oh my god!" I excitedly yelled. "This is what those books meant when they talk about having butterflies in their stomach," I said to myself more than to him.

Ethan wasn't sure how to respond to that. To be quite honest, I didn't even mean to say it out loud. I was just so thrilled to experience this new aspect of life.

I settled back into the sheets of my bed. I gently laid my head on Ethan's chest to pull him out of his uncomfortable state, and I instantly feet him relax into my bed.

The rest of the movie played, but I had a feeling both mine and Ethan's minds were somewhere else.

-

I could feel someone shaking my shoulder, attempting to wake me up. It was a Saturday, why the fuck was Olivia waking me up?

"Stop," I tiredly said while slapping their hand away. I rolled onto my other side with my eyes still shut.

"Emma," the person said softly. My eyes went wide. Olivia's voice certainly didn't sound that raspy and manly in the morning.

I rolled back over and was met with green eyes that were already focused on mine. My breath hitched in my throat.

Ethan's hair was sprawled all over, some pieces spread out over his forehead. Before I knew what I was doing, my fingers reached up to put them back in place.

His eyes shut like he was trying to take it all in; like he wasn't still sleeping. I was trying to take it all in to, he looked so peaceful and content in this moment.

"I take it you don't know how the movie last night ended either then," I said with a giggle threatening to spill out.

"Not one bit." His stare was intense.

He made me nervous. I wasn't used to being nervous. He made me the good kind of nervous.

Ethan's phone rang, interrupting our stare down.

"Grayson," he groaned, "what do you want?"

I took this time to take interest in his outfit. A black sweatshirt and grey shorts. I wonder what it would look like on the floor of my bedr-

"Grayson wants to know if I want to go to a party tonight," he interrupted my thoughts.

I took a second to recover. "Do you want to?"

"If you want to," Ethan shrugged his shoulders.

"Yeah, I'll go, could be fun," I smiled.

Ethan started to stand up from my bed, "I better head back home. But, I'll pick you up tonight?" His eyebrow raised while he waited for my response.

"Sounds good."

He started to scratch the back of his neck. I knew he was trying to figure out how to say goodbye to me after the night we had last night.

I figured I'd save him the trouble.

I bounced up and stood on top of my bed, so I was slightly taller than him.

I grabbed onto his shoulders for support and bent over to whisper in his ear, "I'll see you tonight." After that I slightly nibbled on his ear lobe.

Ethan's whole body froze, like he was paralyzed.

"Ok now go!" I pushed his shoulders back, while he stumbled towards the front door.

I was in for a long night.

"Olivia!" I ran towards her room after I heard the front door close.

"What do you want?" She was still laying in bed on her phone.

"We're going to a party tonight," I smirked.

[a filler chapter sorry!]