† 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓 †

Frank's eyes fluttered from sleep as he heard the rough scratching of fingers against paper pushing rapidly through pages as if searching for a certain one. Heavy breathing became audible, and a mental picture of Gerard linked the heavy breathing to him. Frank looked through the hazy gloss of sleep still clouding his vision. He looked around only seeing the dark shadows against the ceiling, not being able to find Gerard in his line of vision, he turned on his side on the rough couch to be met with a man who had his left hand wrapped tightly in his hair against his scalp across the room sitting straight up in the silky white sheets gleaming in the moonlight, cascading around his thighs. He was breathing hard, and his eyes seemed to be bulging as he stared down at a black journal that was open. Gerard didn't move, just simply stared at the page as if in disbelief.

"Gerard?" Frank called out sleepily into the darkness looking up at the man, who seemed to have only woken up moments ago considering his messy hair, and ruffled shirt.

"Frank, w-what's wr-ong?" Gerard sniffled quietly, and Frank's clouded mind seemed to evaporate immediately. He sat straight up on the couch then facing towards Gerard with a shocked look on his face.

"A-are you crying?" Frank said almost breathlessly. His eyes roaming over Gerard's face frantically searching for any sign of wetness.

"Well fuck no." Gerard said clearing his throat as his tone seemed to fall back into it's typical way.

The room fell silent for a moment, and Gerard decided to close the journal setting it onto the desk. He turned towards Frank the look of panic now completely gone.

"Why are you awake?" He said with a half smile that Frank knew didn't contain any actual amount of sympathy.

"I heard you wake up." Frank said bluntly avoiding eye contact with the man who was looking at him softly.

"I'm sorry I woke you." Gerard said with a blank tone.

"It's okay, but are you okay?" Frank asked standing from his couch that currently was his bed since he still refused to share one with Gerard after the motel. He sat across from Gerard, the moonlight reflecting off of his pale skin brightly in great comparison to the honey colored eyes slightly darkening his features.

"I'm perfect, Frankie. Thank you for asking. Now why don't you get some rest?" Gerard requested softly, smiling in Frank's direction. He was almost a completely different person by now, and Frank assumed it had to do with the comfort level, and trust he had gained from Gerard in the past couple of weeks.

"Are you sure? Why were you awake?" Frank asked curiously. Almost every night now, Frank had been awoken by Gerard either pacing the floor or him sitting in bed frantic, both actions containing heavy breathing. Frank remembered the first night he had slept in the same room as Gerard, he had witnessed the same thing happening, as it was now frequently.

"I....just had a bad dream." Gerard said awkwardly as if he was uncomfortable by Frank's question, which was rare of him to act like.

"You seem to have many of those." Frank said bluntly looking towards Gerard with a curious, yet sympathetic expression gracing his features.

Gerard seemed to avoid Frank's eye contact for a moment, and shifted uncomfortably.

"Yeah, well why don't we both try to get some rest? We have a big day tomorrow." Gerard said, and Frank knew exactly what he was referring to which sent shivers down his spine at the near mention of tomorrow.

"Yeah, but-" Frank cut his sentence off, furrowing his brows, and lowering his gaze towards the soft silk like sheets draping over the queen sized mattress that held them both.