Chapter V

A whole year had passed since the incident of Athena's failed kidnapping. Everyone in the family especially the males had become extremely protective over the little baby and wouldn't let her out of their sight. Athena had already turned a year old and had started walking a little, this made the family babyproof everything they found laying around the house.

The one-year-old had also become close friends with the Beta's daughter Anna who was a year older than her. Even though there was a year's difference between the two, it still didn't stop the two girls from becoming best friends. Athena who was also known as Athie was yet to say her first word.

She was currently seated in her father's office in her little play corner where her father could keep an eye on her as he tried to finish his work, which was proving to be more difficult by the minute as all he wanted to do was play with his little princess.

A D R I A N

I was sitting in my office trying to finish some paperwork for the pack while Athie sat in the play corner that I made for her. She was quietly playing with her toys. Well not exactly "quietly", she was babbling, squealing and chattering happily, acting as though she was having a rather interesting conversation with her stuffed animals. It was the most precious thing I had ever seen. Moments like these made me wish that she remained a little baby, she was growing up way too fast. Once I completed my work, I walked over to Athena and picked her up before showering her face with kisses. This caused her to giggle adorably as I smiled.

My baby was already a Daddy's girl, she never left my side, not that I wanted her to. I started walking towards the kitchen with my daughter babbling away in my arms. I could tell that lunch was ready because of the delicious mouth-watering aroma that surrounded the house.

It was 'Family Lunch Day' at our house. We have 'Family Lunch Day' six days a week so that the whole family can bond. Sundays are the only days we get off from the whole family and the only days when we can enjoy ourselves with our mates and children.

I walked into the kitchen only to see that everyone was already seated and were waiting for Athena and my arrival. I greeted everyone and placed Athie in her high chair. As I went to walk away from Athena's high chair to hug everyone when I heard a sweet little voice say "Dadda". The voice was so soft that if I didn't have heightened hearing I would have never been able to hear it. The room fell silent. I turned around slowly and looked at my little princess who had stretched her arms out towards me as she motioned for me to pick her up. "Did she say that?" Andrew whispered.

"Dadda!" Athena exclaimed happily. A big face splitting grin broke out across my face as I picked her up and kissed her all over her chubby little face while my family burst out into cries of joy. "My baby said her first word!" Angela exclaimed with tears of joy in her eyes as she kissed Athena's forehead. "And it was 'Dadda'!" I said smugly feeling proud that my daughter's first word was my name. This made Angela pout a little as the rest of my family chuckled at our childishness. Everyone showered Athena with lots of hugs and kisses.

She ended up sitting on my lap for eating lunch. My wolf was howling with joy since not only was our princess's first word our name but also because both of our sons are mamma's boys and their first word was 'mamma'

Ever since that Day Athena's favourite word to say was either 'Dadda' or 'Daddy'. She loved seeing her father's face light up each time she said it.

A/N: I am so sorry that this chapter was so small, but I promise that things will start getting much more interesting after this chapter. Thank you all so much for reading this chapter😁 I hope you all enjoyed this, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.
Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Anagha