Chapter XXI

"Goodnight little monkey" Athena whispered as she tucked him into bed. She kissed his forehead softly before turning his light blue nightlight on. Athena left the door open she left Issac's room. Deciding to take a quick shower she walked toward the bathroom. Removing her clothes she stepped into the shower. Warm water hit her skin gently.

Her mind began to wander as she applied soap to her body. 'What was this war about? When will it take place? Will my family and I come out of it alive?' were a few of the million questions swarming her mind. Knocks on the bathroom door stopped her stressful thoughts. "Athie, babe are you alright? You've been in there for 30 minutes now" Wade's voice muffled by the bathroom door asked. "Yeah-um-I'm fine, I'll be out in a minute," Athena answered quickly. The two young mates hadn't completed the mating process yet, which comprised of them marking each other and the actual mating. 

Athena turned the water off and wrapped a towel around her body as she stepped out of the shower. She cursed under her breath when she noticed that she had forgotten to get a change of clothes along with her. She crossed her fingers, hoping that her mate had already fallen asleep. Unlocking the door she slowly peeked into the bedroom, only to see Wade under the covers with his eyes closed. Athena let out a breath she hadn't realize she was holding in before she stepped out of the bathroom and walked toward her wardrobe. 

Opening the doors she looked at the clothes and was about to pick out a pair of shorts when she felt her mate's presence behind her. Athena turned around slowly only to see her mate standing before her in shorts with his broad shoulders and strong abs on show for her. Wade's body heat seeped into her and mixed with hers. Wade let out a low, lustful growl as he walked toward his mate and grabbed her hips. He pulled her close and placed his head near her shoulder where her neck and shoulder met and placed a soft kissed there. Athena closed her eyes in pleasure and moaned softly. "Please" she whispered "Please make me yours" Athena couldn't believe what she was saying, albeit it was the truth it still sounded weird to say it aloud. 

Wade looked into his mate's dark blueish-grey eyes which were glazed with a mixture of love, lust, and adoration, much like his. "Are you sure?" Wade's husky voice asked. Athena shivered as sparks ran across her skin, "I'm sure" she said meekly. Sparks of passion flew across the room as they kissed each other with everything they had.

That night the two mates came together as one, showing each other the love they had for the other as they whispered sweet nothings.                                                                                                    

****

A blond man walked into a cave that was surrounded by trees. "Did you get what we asked for?" A voice asked. The man turned around only to see a man who had dark brown hair and piercing blue eyes looking at him. "Who are you?" he asked the brunette. "You don't need to know, just hand the file over," the brunette said as he looked at the file in the blonde man's hand. "Here, that should have everything you want in it," the blond man said as he handed a file over to the other man. 

"If you don't mind me asking, why is it that your Alpha wants to attack my pack?" Neil asked the other man. "Well I do mind you asking, and its none of your business so just keep your end of the deal and we'll keep ours" the man replied coldly. "Geez, sorry for asking man, I'm going to head out now," Neil said as he walked out of the cave towards his pack.

"I think it's time we dispose of him," the brunette spoke to his Alpha. "Dispose of who?" the Alpha asked sounding distracted as he went through the file Neil had brought. "Neil Davidson," said the brunette. "Oh the traitor, why is it that you feel so Gale?" the Alpha said as he placed the file on his table. "Because he betrayed his own pack, the one thing he is supposed to stay loyal to, who's to say that he won't betray us, and tell on us?" Gale said as he looked at his Alpha angrily. 

"He won't do that," said the Alpha. "How can you be so sure about that?" Gale asked sounding confused. "Because if he did that, he would lose something he has always wanted," the Alpha said as he looked a picture of Athena smiling as she played with the small children of the pack. "But what that idiot doesn't know is that he isn't going to get what he wants either way, and we will dispose of him soon enough, just be patient," the Alpha said menacingly.

A/N: I'm sorry for being gone so long, I've just been having the worst writers' block... What is your opinion on this chapter? I do know that it is smaller than most of my chapters but I promise that the next chapter will be bigger and more interesting. Thank you all so much for reading this chapter 😁 I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha