Chapter XXVII

"Calm down!" Anna tried to get her best friend to sit down as she ran around her room, trying to find a suitable outfit. "How can I when I'm going to meet my mate's whole family for the first time?! First impressions matter," Athena said as she rummaged through the clothes in her closet. "Well, I would suggest you calm down because you don't want your in-laws to think that you're super nervous," Anna said as she sat down on the bed. 

"But I am super nervous!" Athena exclaimed. "Stop stating the obvious Sherlock. What I mean is for you to be more like how I was when I met your parents, calm, chill, and collected," this caused Athena to roll her eyes. "You've known my parents since you were a baby! The first time you met them you were in a diaper sucking your thumb," she said as she face-palmed. "Oh yeah, forgot about that," Anna said as she rubbed the back of her neck, "But I know that they will love you! Just calm down and be yourself," Anna said as she picked a pair of light blue jeans and a black shirt out, "Here wear this," she said as she pushed her best friend into the bathroom.

Athena walked down the stairs holding her best friend's hand tightly. She saw two men and two women. The older man looked exactly like Wade, the slight salt and pepper hair and five o'clock shadow were the only difference between the two. The older woman who sat next to the handsome man was beautiful, with her long blonde hair and light blue eyes. The younger man looked like a carbon copy of his mother, with dirty blond hair and light blue eyes, sharing only a few similarities with Wade. The younger woman on the other hand looked like the perfect mix between the older couple, with short black hair and light blue eyes. 

"Oh my goodness there she is!" the older woman exclaimed as she ran toward Athena before hugging her tightly. "Let the poor girl breath, Linda," the older man chuckled as he walked toward his mate. "Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, did I hurt you?" Linda exclaimed as she looked for any bruises on the young girl. "No you didn't, I love hugs! it's nice to meet you," Athena said as she smiled politely and hugged her mother-in-law. "Hello Athena, my name is Johnathan, you can call me John, and I am those three idiots father, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," Johnathan said as he shook Athena's hand. 

"Hey! That was uncalled for dad," the younger woman exclaimed as she started, her brothers voiced their agreement, "We all know that those two are the idiots and that I'm the smart one," she said as she smirked and walked towards Athena. "My name's Natasha, I've got a lot of things to tell you," she whispered in Athena's ear. Wade whined and pouted pathetically as his mate laughed at him. "Just so you know, I'm the smartest and most good looking sibling, those two are living in denial," the young blonde man said as he stepped to stand in front of Athena. "The name's Logan, nice to meet you," Logan said as he offered to hug Athena who shyly accepted the warm hug. 

Wade tried to go hug his mate as she spoke to his mother and his sister. Athena roughly removed her mate's hands off of her waist which caused Wade to pout. "Oh no, that is not going to work on me," Athena told the Alpha who looked ridiculous pouting. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's wrong?" Linda asked as she and her daughter laughed at her son's face. 

"Someone, didn't tell me that the most important people in his life were going to be visiting today," Athena said rather angrily as her mother-in-law and sister-in-law gasped dramatically. "Oh come one, it isn't that big of a deal!" Logan said as he put his arm around his brother, he took his arm off of him after he earned a glare from his mother. "Sorry bro, you're on your own," Logan chuckled nervously as he walked away from his brother who pleaded for his help through the mind link. 

"Do excuse us, we have some pack matters to attend to," Andrew said as he and his brother walked to their office in the house. 'Bring her in' Andrew told his Delta through the mind link once he and Axel were seated in their office. Steve opened the door and in walked a fairly tall woman with short brown hair and dark green eyes. "Sir, you wished to see me?" she said as she bowed her head toward her future Alpha and Beta. "Yes, please come in and take a seat," Andrew said as he motioned to the chair across him. 

"Alright, you've known me since we were kids, so I'm not going to beat around the bush," Andrew started as Stephanie nodded her head. "Where was your mate between the time of 1:00 to 2:00 am today?" he asked seriously. "I-I don't know," Stephanie replied after a moment of silence. "Listen Steph, I need you to be truthful with me. There's no point in trying to save his ass. He might be your mate and we might be your friends, but this isn't your friend asking this is your Alpha asking you," Andrew said as he looked into the young woman's eyes. "I-I don't know, please you have to believe me!" Stephanie. "We'll believe you when you start telling the truth!" Axel shouted angrily which caused Andrew to place a hand on his leg, silently telling him to calm down. 

"I'm sorry Alpha, but all Neil has ever told me is that he goes out for meetings whenever you call him, recently however he has been going out a lot at night," Stephanie said as she looked at Andrew. "Since when has this been happening?" Andrew asked. "It's been happening for about 5 maybe 6 months now," she said as she looked down at her hands that laid on her lap. "And you didn't think of telling us!?" Axel exclaimed incredulously. "I'm sorry but I didn't think my private life was any of your business!" Stephanie said angrily as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Oh really! you see your mate acting extremely suspicious, telling you that he is going to meet his future Alpha and Beta between 1-2 am when you know very well that both of us go to bed at midnight and that no meetings are held early in the morning, and you didn't even think of asking the current Alpha, us, our mates, or anyone else from our fucking family even once!?" Axel shouted as he stood up from his seat and glared down at the woman who used to be a close friend of his and his siblings. "Oh I'm sorry but that isn't the first thing a worried wife thinks about!" Stephanie said as she stood up. "Oh do tell us what worried wives first think about," Axel shouted in a rather condescending manner. "We think that our mate is cheating on us, HAPPY!?" Stephanie shouted as she broke out into tears. Andrew smacked his brother on the head as he comforted his friend.

"I'm sorry Steph, I-I didn't know," Axel apologized as he rubbed his neck feeling extremely ashamed of his actions. "It's alright, you wouldn't have guessed," Stephanie said as she wiped her tears and waved her hand dismissively. "And I'm sorry, for not letting you guys know before," she said as she looked at her two friends. "It's alright, but remember that we're always here for you, no matter what," Andrew said as he smiled warmly at Stephanie who shyly returned the smile. 

"Alright, you can go home now," Andrew said as he walked Stephanie to the door. "But you didn't tell me what exactly Neil did," Stephanie asked the brothers as she turned to face them. "You don't need to know about it right now, but we are pretty sure he has done something horrible, and will probably continue to do it till we get him," Axel said as Stephanie gasped loudly with a few tears in her eyes. 

"Steve," Andrew called out to his Delta, "Alpha" Steve replied. "We are 99.9% sure that Neil has betrayed the pack. Send a search party out for him and bring him to me as soon as you find him, I need him alive." A wave of deep anger rose in Steve's eyes as he nodded his head before telling his warriors to find the traitor. "And Steve," Axel started which caused Steve to turn away from the door and toward him, "He's going to put up a tough fight, especially if he's guilty, so be careful and hurt him if you have to. We need him alive not unharmed,". Steve smirked and nodded his head as he left the Alpha's house. 

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this chapter 😁What's your take on it? Do you think Stephanie is saying the truth? Let me know in the comments. I hope you all enjoyed it, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha