Chapter VI

Athena was now an adorable 7-year-old girl who was an absolute delight to be around. She was the kindest and most innocent little girl who wore her heart that was made of gold on her sleeve. She made sure that she treated everyone with respect and kindness no matter who they were or what their rank was. Athena was loved and adored by her whole family and continued to be a  daddy's little girl.

Axel and Andrew cherished their little sister. Although Axel was merely 10 years old, he was already a boy who you didn't want to mess with, and if you just so happened to say even a word against his family, especially his baby sister you would end up with multiple broken bones, to say the least.

Andrew had just turned 13 and had gotten himself a human girlfriend, who had no idea about the werewolf world, to look 'cool'. But what Andrew didn't know was that his girlfriend Jenna used to bully Athena, since she didn't like the fact that most of Andrew's attention would be on his precious little sister.

Athena lay in the living room on her stomach with her little feet swinging in the air as she hummed a random tune and coloured a picture of her family. She soon got bored with colouring and decided to go to play with Andrew since Axel hadn't gotten home at the time.

A T H E N A

I kept my colours back in their box and started walking towards Andrew's room. Mommy was at Aunt Diana's house and Daddy was busy doing some pack work and I didn't want to disturb him."Drew?" I said as I knocked on Andrew's closed bedroom door. "Drew-Drew?" I called out again after a few minutes of silence. Suddenly the door flew open to reveal a fuming Andrew glaring at the wall above my head before he lowered his gaze and looked at me, his gaze softened when he saw that I flinched as I looked at him feeling terrified.

Drew crouched down to my height and smiled softly. "Could you please come and play with me?" I asked softly fiddling with my fingers not wanting to anger him. "That's it!" I heard Jenna's annoying voice screech before she stomped her way over to where Andrew and I were. "It's either me or her Andrew. Choose Now!" She screamed at the top of her voice which made me flinch and tears well up in my eyes. Seeing the look on my face Andrew's once soft blue eyes hardened. "Get in I need to talk to you," he told Jenna, his voice void of any emotion. Jenna smirked smugly at me before walking into Andrew's room. That was when I understood that Andrew had chosen her over me.

Tears flowed freely out of my eyes as I ran to my playroom and closed the door before breaking out into loud sobs. What I didn't hear were the footsteps nearing the room.

A X E L

I stepped into my home hoping to be greeted with a hug from my baby sister, but instead, I was greeted by loud heartbroken sobs coming from her playroom and the voices of Andrew and Jenna arguing rather loudly. I threw my bag onto the floor and quickly made my way to Athena's playroom. The sobs got louder as I grew closer to her room. I softly knocked on the door waiting for her to answer it.

"Who is it?" Athie said, her voice breaking towards the end. "Athie, baby open the door it's me," I said. I heard the shuffling of her tiny feet before the door opened slowly only to show me a heartbreaking sight. There stood my baby sister her beautiful blueish grey eyes which were usually filled with joy and innocence were now sad, red and puffy. Strands of her jet black hair stuck to her wet face. Tears trickled down her red cheeks as her chin quivered.

My heart broke and I was quickly filled with rage thinking of the person who would have hurt her this badly. I quickly embraced her in a tight hug which made her break out into loud sobs once again. I softly closed the door and sat down on one of the couches in the room and sat her down on my lap as I rubbed her back, hoping that it would calm her down. "Can you tell me why you're crying, sweetie?" I asked her softly, holding her close to my chest. She looked up at me and asked me a question I never wished to hear from her.

"Do you love me?" she whispered as I wiped her tears with my sleeve. I froze in my spot for a minute, not sure if I heard her."What?" I asked feeling utterly confused. She sniffled before repeating the stupid question. "Obviously! Would I be sitting here if I didn't?" I asked trying to think of the reason behind the question."I don't think Andrew loves me" She stated as she sniffled again. I was really confused now, she never referred to Andrew as "Andrew", she always made up a new nickname for him.

"And what makes you think that?" I asked softly as I moved some of the hair that stuck to her face. She then explained the events that took place before I got home. I felt quite angry about the fact that Andrew, her elder brother, the person who was supposed to make sure that no one breaks Athena's heart was the very person to shatter it into tiny pieces, even if it was done unintentionally. I wiped her eyes again and showered her face with kisses which caused her to giggle a little. "I don't think that he doesn't love you, but don't worry I'll go talk to him," I said as I kissed her cheeks. She whispered a soft "Okay".

I smiled and started walking towards the door when I stopped mid-step and turned around to look at her. "Why don't you go to Anna's house?" I suggested since Anna lived just next door and was her best friend. Athie smiled happily and nodded her head before making her way to Anna's house.

A T H E N A

I walked towards Anna's house feeling a little better since I would be able to meet my best friend and talk to her. I could tell her anything and she would never judge me. I rang the bell that was right next to the tall teak door. I waited for a few minutes before it opened to reveal my 8-year-old best friend who had her long black hair in two braids. Her dark brown almost black eyes lit up as soon as she laid her eyes on me. She squealed before pulling me into a tight hug as if she hadn't seen me for years although we had met the night before.

I smiled a little before hugging back. She let go after a few minutes and looked at me with a questioning gaze. "What is it Ath? What's wrong?" she asked softly, she could always tell when I was feeling down. "Can we go to our spot, I'll tell you everything there". She nodded her head  understanding my discomfort of wanting to tell it to her in front of her house with the possibility of the whole pack hearing what I say due to our heightened senses

"Let me just let my parents know". I nodded my head and followed her into the house that was like a second home to me. Her house was quite big, but not as big as my home. But it had to be one of the most beautiful houses I had ever seen. It had a modern look to it. As we stepped into the kitchen I was hit with the delicious smell of food being cooked by her mother who stood at the stove making some lunch. Her father was at the table doing some work. Both of them looked up from what they were doing when we entered the kitchen.

"Mom I'm just going out for a while with Athie," said Anna. Her parents smiled warmly when they saw me "Sure sweetheart, just be careful you two and be back in time for lunch" Aunt Sally said as she smiled. We promised that we would be careful before waving goodbye to both of them.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this chapter😁 I hope you all enjoyed it. I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that let me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.
Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha