Chapter XVII

"A month has passed since the last attack, and there hasn't been any movement on the rouges side," Adrian said as he looked at his family seriously. "Isn't that a good thing?" Delina said as she looked at everyone confused as to why they weren't happy. "No, it's far too suspicious, not even a single rouge has passed our border which could be a coincidence but it seems a little too sketchy to be chalked up to a coincidence," Axel responded. "They must be planning something big," said Wade. "What do you mean?" Ryan asked his cousin. "Think of it as the calm before the storm, something big and dangerous is headed our way," Adrian replied. "But how can you be so sure, maybe it's a mere coincidence," Ashley said as she tried to think optimistically. "It would be better for us to be careful and to always keep our guards up," said Adrian.

"Have you seen Wade?" Athena asked her sister-in-law as she looked around the living room. "I think I saw him heading upstairs after lunch, he was probably heading to your room" Delina replied as she munched on some pickles. Athena thanked her before heading up to her room. When she got to her room she saw that Wade wasn't there, but there was a package on her bed with a note on top of it. The note read:

Dear Athie,

I know we haven't been able to have a proper date because we have both been busy due to the problem with the rouges, but I want to treat you like the Queen you are, no matter what is going on in our lives. I hope that you will join me downstairs at 8:00 pm sharp for our first date. There is a dress in the package that I chose and I hope you like it and wear it tonight, you can choose any other dress if you don't like this one. See you then beautiful.

X Love Always X, Wade.

A large smile broke out across the young girl's face as she opened the neatly wrapped dress up. It was a gorgeous sleeveless deep red satin gown with thin red straps. Athena ran downstairs only to see her three sister-in-laws talking in the kitchen. The four women had bonded over the month and did almost everything together. "I need your help," Athena said with a large smile on her face. "What do you need help with?" Ashley asked as she looked at the young girl who could barely contain her excitement. "Wade asked me out on a date," Athena said as she tried to remain calm. This caused the women to squeal loudly.

Andrew, Axel and Ryan ran into the kitchen ready to protect their family from harm when they noticed the four women looking at them in confusion. "We heard your screams, what's wrong!?" Andrew exclaimed as he looked at his mate and sister, making sure that they were alright. "Get off of me Axel, we're fine, we were just squealing because Wade asked Athena out on a date tonight!" Anna said as she pushed her overprotective mate off of her.

Axel and Andrew growled loudly when Ryan shouted: "Way to go, bro, go get some!" as he fist-pumped. Delina quickly whacked her brother upside of his head. "Sorry," Ryan replied with a nervous chuckle as he sprinted out of the kitchen with the brothers hot on his heels. "Anyway, when's your date?" Anna asked as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively which caused all of the girls to burst out into laughter. "It's at 8:00," Athena said as she opened the freezer and took a tub of chocolate ice cream out. "And what are you doing?" Delina asked as she looked at Athena curiously who was busy eating ice cream. "Eating one of the best creations made by man" Athena replied in an obvious tone. "Put that back in the freezer, it's already 5:00!" Ashley exclaimed. "Chill, we still have three hours," Athena said dismissively as she tried to leave the kitchen and go to the living room. "No, you said you wanted our help so you're gonna have to listen to us," Anna said as she pulled her best friend upstairs. "Let me watch one episode of Brooklyn 99 at least or the Office!" Athena whined as she tried to reason with the seemingly unreasonable women who shook their heads at her attempt to negotiate.

After a series of "Ah's, Ow's, Ouch's" and a few tears, Athena was almost ready. "How much longer" Athena whined, the fact that she wasn't allowed to see how she looked till the very end didn't help her impatience. "Done!" Ashely said with a proud smile, commending herself in her mind. Athena slowly got up and looked in the mirror only to gasp loudly, she looked amazing! The gown fit her body perfectly and flared towards the bottom. Thin red straps held the gown onto her body. The gown was paired with a thin silver necklace with earrings to match. She hardly had any makeup on and her straight black hair flowed over her shoulders like a black waterfall and ended right above her bottom. "Now to finish the look, wear these" Ashley said as she tried to hand Athena a pair of dark red heels that would match the outfit perfectly. "No way am I going to wear the thing created by demons!" Athena said glaring at the heels as she backed away from them. "I'll wear these instead and it's not like you'll be able to see them anyway, the gown goes way past my feet" Athena reasoned as she slipped red sandals on, much to her sister-in-laws' dismay. "Thank you guys so much," said Athena as she hugged the three women tightly.

"C'mon it's 8:00, your loverboy must be downstairs," Delina said as she chuckled. Anna and Ashley walked downstairs and stood next to their mates while Delina stood next to her brother. Athena walked towards the stairs and there standing at the bottom of the stairs was her mate. He looked dashing in a black suit and a deep red tie. Wade's mouth fell wide open at the sight of his mate. She looked beautiful in the dress he chose. He was glad that he asked Angela for Athena's size and preferred gown.

"You look beautiful," Wade said once Athena reached the bottom of the stairs who blushed under his heated gaze. "Thank you, you look handsome," Athena said as she smiled shyly.

"So where are we going?" Athena asked once the pair left the house. "It's close by but you need to wear this," said Wade as he presented a black cloth made of silk. "Trust me," Wade said once he noticed a look of suspicion on his mate's face. Athena nodded her head and let him tie the cloth around her eyes. Wade lifted his mate into his arms easily while Athena squealed. "It would be difficult to tell you where to step, this is much easier," Wade said as his wolf howled loudly in the back of his mind. "Put me down, I'm heavy!" Athena said as she tried and failed to get out of her mate's hands. "Nonsense, you'll never be too heavy for me to carry and besides you're as light as a feather," Wade as his mate rolled her eyes behind the blindfold.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this chapter😁 I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha