Chapter XXIV

Athena woke up to the sound of giggling coming from under her bed. A small peek under the bed was enough for Athena to notice her nephew. She slowly got off of the bed and yawned loudly which caused the three-year-old to giggle rather loudly. "Who was that!? I wonder if someone is in my room?" Athena asked as she looked around the room, faking confusion. "Are they, behind the curtains?" she asked as she opened the curtains which caused Issac to giggle again. "Hmm, I wonder if they're in my bathroom?" she asked as she opened her bathroom door. This caused Issac to giggle loudly. Suddenly Athena reached under the bed and pulled her nephew out by his legs and placed him on the bed. The young pup squealed as his aunt attacked him with kisses and tickles. "And what are you doing here naughty monkey?" She asked as she tickled the young boy who was unable to control his laughter.

"Gwanpa wanted to speak to you," the now red three-year-old said as he calmed down. "Okay, but that doesn't explain why you were hiding under my bed," Athena said as she squeezed his chubby cheeks. "Uncle said he would give me a cookie if I scared you," Issac confessed with a shy smile. "You were going to scare me! for your uncle," Athena gasped as she rubbed fake tears out of her eyes. "No! I was not," Issac said as he hugged his aunt's arm. "Yes, you were," Athena said as she pouted and turned away from her nephew. 

"I-I sowwy auntie," Issac said as tears filled his eyes, he never meant to hurt his aunt. Athena turned around only to see her nephew's lip trembling, signaling that the waterworks would begin soon. "Oh baby, it's okay, I forgive you," Athena said as she scooped the young boy into her arms. "Weawwy?" Issac asked cutely as he buried his face in his aunt's neck. "Yes really, besides how could I possibly be mad at your sweet face?" Athena asked the little boy as she kissed his cheeks.

Athena crept into her elder brother's room only to find him sleeping on his bed. 'Perfect' Athena thought as she gripped the cold glass of water in her hand tightly. 'He looks so peaceful as he sleeps, although it's quite the opposite when he's awake, oh well that's gonna end now' she thought as she poured the cold glass of water over her brother's face. Axel gasped loudly as he sat up, trying to get a hold of his senses. He looked around his room furiously for the culprit and let out an annoyed growl at the fresh scent left behind.

"Careful, why are you running?" Angela said as she looked at her youngest who seemed to be running as if she were practicing for the Olympics. "I'm trying to get away," Athena said as she looked at her mother seriously. "Get away? get away from who?" Angela asked sounding utterly confused. "From me" came Axel's angered voice from the top of the stairs. Angela burst out into laughter once she noticed her drenched son glaring at her daughter. "Too bad you won't be able to get me," Athena said as she stuck her tongue out toward her brother before she took off in the direction of her father's office. "Oh, you wait and watch!" Axel exclaimed as he ran after his sister. "Will they ever grow out of this?" Anna asked in disbelief. "Haha, I'm afraid not hun," Ashley said as she chuckled loudly.

Athena quickly ran into her father's office and closed the door behind her. "What have you done this time?" Adrian asked without looking up from his desk. "Nothing! I just gave my loving brother a gift," Athena said as she looked for a place to hide. "And what's wrong in that?" Adrian asked as he looked at his daughter. "Well, I don't think he liked my gift a lot," Athena said as she pouted, unable to find a suitable hiding spot. Adrian chuckled and motioned for her to sit behind his chair. "Where's that little brat?" Axel asked his father as he opened the door to the office. "Which one? I'm looking right at one," Adrian said as he looked at his son with a small smile. "Dad," Axel whined like a young pup "I know she's in here," he said as he looked around the large office. "And how can you be sure about that?" Adrian asked as his eyes followed his son's movements.

"Well first of all this is the first place she runs to hide," Axel began. "And what might the other reason be?" Adrian asked sounding intrigued. "I can smell her scent here," Axel said with a proud smirk on his face. "Well that might be because she did come here-" Adrian began with a small chuckle only to be interrupted by Axel's childish fist pump, "-but she isn't here anymore" which made Axel's smug smile suddenly disappear. 

"Wait what? What do you mean?" Axel asked. "Yes, your sister did come in here, but she ran out toward the garden when she heard your footsteps," Adrian said as he looked down at the paperwork on his desk. "You're joking, right?" Axel said with a small smile on his face, sounding more like a question than a statement. "Am I?" Adrian retorted looking up from his paperwork. This made Axel's smile falter as he walked out of his father's office and ran toward the backyard as he cursed his sister's ability to mask her scent.

"Is he gone yet?" Athena's voice was muffled by the desk she had moved to sit under. "Yes, he's gone," Adrian said as he moved his chair so that Athena could get up. "Thanks, Daddy," Athena said as she kissed her dad's cheek lovingly. "Anytime sweetheart," Adrian said as he smiled at his baby girl. "Oh-um I wanted to speak to you about something," Adrian said as Athena sat down on one of the chairs at the desk. 

"Go ahead," Athena said as she looked at her father. "Well, I know that we haven't been able to spend as much time as we used to and I don't want anything to come in between the bond we share, so I was thinking we could go on a Daddy-Daughter date tomorrow," Adrian asked his daughter who was smiling happily. "I would love to Daddy," Athena said as she hugged her father, remembering the dates her father would take her on as a young girl, teaching her how a woman should be treated by her mate.

"Well then it's set, we'll go out tomorrow," Adrian said as he kissed his daughter's forehead lovingly. "Oh and don't you dare think that I will be putting an end to this just because you have a mate now," Adrain said as he looked at his pup who smiled back happily "I wouldn't let you put an end to it even if you wanted to," Athena said as she kissed her father's cheek.

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this chapter 😁What's your take on it? What do you think about the close bond that Adrian and Athena share? Let me know in the comments. I hope you all enjoyed it, I will be posting the next part only if there are at least a few votes or comments, that lets me know that you guys like my work and that you want me to continue. I hope you guys like my story! If you do then please do vote(press the star) and comment.

Thank you for reading and have a great day!

❤️Anagha