1

I've never seen Colby look so happy in my life. He picks me up and spins me around. "You're amazing." He said in my ear, giving me the chills.

He puts me down as he looks at me. "Did you drink?" He asked as I shrug. I go into his apartment as he closes the door.

"Is it about tomorrow?" He asked I as look at him weirdly. I take a water bottle from his fridge as I go and sit on his couch. "What's tomorrow?" I ask confused.

"The Fourth of July. It'll be four years, right?" He asked as I remembered. I can't believe I forgot. "You care if I hang out with you tomorrow, I don't wanna be alone." I say thinking about it.

"Of course. You wanna hang out though?" He asked as I smiled. We went to his room and ended up watching movies.

That's when I started thinking. How did Colby know I love him before I knew it? "Colby?" I ask as he pauses the movie. "Hmm?" He hums as he looks at me.

We were cuddling in his bed and I felt so safe. "How'd you know I love you?" I ask he smiles. "Cause, I don't know anyone else that would lose sleep over me because they thought I was unsafe. Especially for two nights in a row." He's talking about the time he went to Kansas.

"I was so worried that something was gonna happen, I couldn't fall asleep. I don't wanna lose you, ever." I look into his eyes as I speak.

"You're not, I promise." He kissed my forehead as he started the tv back up. I ended up falling asleep at Colby's but I'm happy my alarm clock woke me up for work.

"Come over when you're off work. We can go downtown." He said half asleep. "I will, I love you." I said making him smile. "I love you too, Vee. Stay safe." He placed his head back on his pillow as he fell back asleep.

I walked over to my apartment so I could change for work. I put on my addias leggings with a white shirt and my addias shoes. I quickly made my way to my car was I was running late.

I wonder how that interview went yesterday, I forgot to ask. When I got to work, I made sure I looked good before I walked in. "There she is! Vee, come here!" Luke from the sound booth when I walked in.

I go inside to see a really tall guy standing beside him. He was low key hot but he's not my type. "Vee, I want you to meet Finn. He's gonna be working here from now on." I looked over at him and smiled.

"Hey, it's nice to meet you." I stick my hand out for him to shake it. "You too. I'm glad to be working with you." Holy shit. He had an accent.

"You, my dude, have a sick accent." I honestly say as we get done shaking hands. "Australian. I moved here a couple days ago." He's actually super cool.

I looked over at Luke and Leonard to be looking at us strangely. "Leonard, could you show me where the bathroom is?" Finn asked as he stood up. They walked out, leaving Luke and I together.

"How're you holding up? I know it's been four years." Luke asked looking at me. I still can't believe it's been four years since he passed and three since I've moved here.

"I think I'll be okay." I smile as Leonard walks back in. "He officially became hottest in the office." We both looked down at him as he sat down in his chair.

"You said that about Gemma too." I cross my arms as he takes a banana and peels up. "Take that outta here, you know you're not supposed to eat in here." Luke said making him groan.

As he walked out, Finn walked in while looking around. "Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked as I looked over at Luke. "Vee, you can train him if you want." He suggested as I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm down. Come here. I'll show you how everything works." Luke sat down and started working on the station as Finn came over to me.

I started explaining to him what button does what as he listens. If only Gemma acted like this. But she was only mad because her boyfriend was gaining feelings for me.

After I showed him what the buttons do, I showed him all the vinyls that Luke has. "So how old are you cause you look pretty young." I couldn't tell if that was a compliment or a diss. "Twenty. I'll be twenty one in November." I explain as he nods his head.

"You seem pretty cool though. We'll have to hang out sometime." Was he flirting? Nah probably not. "We should." I say looking at the vinyls.

"Maybe I can show you around sometime." He nods his head as he scans the vinyls. "You free tonight?" I look up at him to see him already looking down at me.

"I have a date." I heard a gasp come from the booth so I know it was Luke. "You never mentioned a date." He said causing me to roll my eyes.

"Come here, I wanna show you something!" He said as I looked at Finn and smiled. As we started walking, I felt something start shaking.

"The fuck?" I ask looking around. "What's going on?" Finn asked as Luke and Leonard looked over at us. "It's an earthquake." Luke told us while standing up.

It lasted for a good fifteen seconds before stopping. I've never felt an earthquake before, out of all my years living here.

That's weird that one happened on Fourth of July, the day Brandon and I got into the wreck. "Everyone okay?" Luke asked as we all looked at each other.

My phone started ringing to see it was Colby calling. I answer it so I know he's okay. "Colby, you okay?" I ask looking out the door. "Yeah. I was calling to make sure you were okay." I'm glad he's good and didn't get hurt.

"I'm fine, baby. I'll see you later, okay?" I ask knowing I can't be on long. "Of course. Come over when you get off." And with that, he had hung up.

I smiled at the thought of seeing him later. I honestly can't wait.