14

My bed felt so good after being in the hospital. I have the day to rest so today I was gonna be spending it with Colby.

He plopped down next to me, knowing he was tired. He slept in the recliner all night just to make sure I was safe.

I look over at him as he looks over at me. His eyes were dark from the lack of sleep which sucks. I don't want him losing sleep over me.

But then again, when he was in Kansas I couldn't sleep. "I love you." I say honestly. I saw the ends of his mouth curve upwards meaning he's happy.

"I love you too beautiful. I'm glad you're okay." His voice was raspy which made him more attractive. "You look like hell." I laugh as he does the same.

"We both look like hell. We should get some rest though." He told me while getting up. We both get under my covers and slowly fell asleep in each others arms. Sometimes, I feel like I don't deserve him.

There's something about him that brought me out my shell. And I don't know how he did it. We had slept for a few hours and by the time we had woken up, it was dark outside. I check the time and it was ten fifteen.

"We should order pizza." Colby suggested as we walk into my living room. "Isn't it pizza night over Sam's?" I smirk as he gets the same idea.

"You're thinking what I'm thinking, right?" He asked as I nodded my head.

"Are we stealing a box or are we taking a few slices?" I ask putting my shoes on. "Let's take the whole thing and see if they notice. You can distract them while I steal the pizza." He tells me making me look at him.

"Why do I have to distract them?" I ask getting butthurt. "Because I'm a ninja." He told me like he already knew.

"Why can't I be the ninja?" I ask as we waisted time. "Because I used to explore. I'm a pro at sneaking around." He smirked making me confused.

"Key word, used to. You got caught." I say making a point. He rolled his eyes and smiled knowing he was defeated.

"Fine, you get to be the ninja. I'll distract everyone." He said walking towards the door.

"Wait, don't we need a plan?" I ask as he shrugged. "I'll just wing it." He opened my door and walked out causing me to shrug. I follow him to Sam's door but he abruptly stopped causing me to run into him.

He pressed his ear against the door so he could listen to hear them talking. "Get down. When I walk in, you're gonna crawl into the kitchen." He explained as I listened.

"I'm gonna make everyone look at me and while they're looking, grab a box and then run out." I agree causing us to high five. I get on my knees and get ready for him to open the door.

I couldn't believe we're actually doing this. We're literally children. "What's up everyone." Colby said opening the door as I crawled on Sam's floor.

When I reached Sam's kitchen, I stayed on the ground until the que.

I was waiting on him to do something. "It's Colby! Where's Vee?" Sam asked making me smile. He actually wondered where I was.

"She's asleep. I wanted to show you guys my new trick." What is he gonna do?

"But, you guys have to look outside cause I taught myself on the balcony." Colby rambled on as I heard the door open.

I heard Kevin's laugh with a bunch of footsteps moving towards the door. I knew this is the time.

I quickly stood up and saw Colby trying to do something on the balcony. I start looking for peperoni in the boxes.

I grab a box and it was a whole peperoni pizza. I looked at Colby and gave him a thumbs up as I turned towards the door.

I tiptoed towards the door as I slowly open it. I let the biggest breath out when I shut it and they never noticed.

How did they not notice? A minute later Colby walked out making me turn to him. We looked at each other and started laughing.

"Did we really steal a box of pizza?" I ask as we start walking away. "Hopefully they don't call the cops on us." Colby said as I walked into my apartment.

I sit it down as Colby turns my tv on. I grabbed a piece and bite into it as he turns on music. He turned on When We Were Young by Adele.

There's one secret I haven't told anyone. I wasn't a bad singer. Only Brandon knew, but I felt comfortable around Colby.

"Let me photograph you in this light in case it is the last time that we might, be exactly like we were before we realized, we were sad of getting old." I sang catching him off guard.

He looked so surprised when I sang that. "You can fucking sing?" He asked making me blush.

"The only person who knows is Brandon. And he's gone so now it's you." I shrug as he smiles.

"My baby can sing!" He wraps his arms around me and spins me around. I couldn't help but laugh at his goofiness. He then changes the song to Perfect by Ed Sheeran as I ate more pizza.

He then walked over to me with his hand out. "Can I have this dance?" He asked as I looked from his hand to his face.

I couldn't say no. I grab his hand as I stand up. He takes me in the middle of floor and places his hands on my waist.

I wrap my arms around his neck as we start dancing. As I was looking at Colby, I realized how happy I am with him.

He makes life worth it again. For the longest time, I was in a dark tunnel, trying to find my way through.

And then I found a light, and when I got to it, it was Colby standing there waiting for me. I move closer to him, placing my head on his chest. I could feel his heartbeat race when I placed it there.

"Darling, you look perfect tonight."