9

As I was asleep, a thud of thunder woke me up, scaring me really bad. I check the time to see it's one thirty in the morning.

I text Colby if he was awake and see if he'll come down. A minute later, I heard the door open causing me to look at it.

"You okay?" Colby asked walking inside. He closed the door as I sat up and turned a light on. "The thunder woke me up. I hate storms." I honestly say as he comes and gets into bed with me.

"I was in my room playing Minecraft with the boys." He said making me laugh.

"I miss everyone. It feels weird not hanging out with them." I lean against the wall as he does the same. "Me too. But I like my alone time with you." He took my hand and held it as there was another strike of lightning.

"You know it's crazy, right?" I ask looking him as he got confused. "What's crazy?" He asked. "How you broke me out of shell." I tell him as he looked less confused.

"Like when I first saw you, I had no idea you would mean so much to me." I tell him as he thought about something.

"I remember back in March when you heard Gemma and I fighting, I was so nervous that you thought I was some maniac. And then the next day, I saw you at in and out, and it was like I had to go up to talk to you." He explained while making me smile.

"After that, Gemma hated me so much." I say as I shrug. Her not liking me makes a lot more sense honestly. I would get mad too if I was her. But she did cheat so now I'm back on ground zero.

"Do you ever imagine if we didn't meet each other?" He asked as I thought about it. What if we never met? I would be up in my apartment making music, all alone. My guard would still be up and I'd be afraid to love.

Colby would probably still be dating Gemma. He'd be getting cheating on and not even know it. He'd be arguing with her every single night and then making up the next morning. I don't know which one is worse.

Being alone and not being able to trust anyone, or be in a toxic relationship and getting fucked over. I look over at him and see he's staring over at me. He was looking in between my eyes and my lips.

"I wouldn't know what I'd do if we had never met." I honestly say looking into his eyes. I could look into his eyes and always get lost.

They're beautiful. There was another crash of thunder which made me jump. Colby started laughing as my face turned red. I laughed in embarrassment and I hid my face.

"Will you stop laughing at me?" I joke while playfully smacking his arm. "It was cute, I'm sorry." He laughed at me.

I pout at him making him stop laughing. "Don't make that face." He told me as I moved my body to look at him better.

"What, this face?" I ask as I start pouting. He bit his bottom lip as he checked me out.

"You're cute when you make that face. I hope you know that." He winked as I put my head on his lap. He starts playing with my hair as the rain hit my window.

"If you keep doing that, I'm gonna fall asleep." I say while closing my eyes. "Maybe that's what I'm trying to do." He said causing me to look up at him.

"You don't wanna talk to me?" I ask pouting as he rolled his eyes. "I love talking to you, but you need some rest too." He said as I sighed.

He was right. We were at the zoo all day and only got a couple hours of sleep. "You gonna get some rest?" He asked. I haven't heard thunder in awhile so I guess it's just raining now.

I sigh as I sit up and rub my eyes. "Yeah, I guess. Thanks for coming in here." I smile lightly as he does the same. "Anything for you, baby." He pecked my lips before getting up.

"I love you, Vee." He said standing by my door. "I love you too, Colbs." I lay down as I turn the light off.

I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. The sound of the rain made me fall asleep because of how relaxing it is.

When I had woken up, I smelt bacon which instantly made me hungry. I get up and walk into the kitchen to see his mom in there.

"Hey, sweetie. How'd you sleep?" She asked when she saw me. I walked near her and sat on the stool. "I slept alright, what about you?" I ask trying to be nice.

She smiled as she brought out more food. "I slept good." I kind felt bad she was making food all by herself. "Do you need any help?" I ask as she looks around.

"If you want. You good at making eggs?" She asked raising her eyebrows. I nodded my head yes so I got up to help her cook.

I grabbed an egg and cracked it. "Do you cook a lot in California?" She asked making conversation. "I try to. I use to do it a lot when I first moved there." I explain as I cook the eggs.

"Colby mentioned how you lost your best friend in high school. That must've been hard." She told me as I sighed.

"It was but Colby's actually made it easier." I smile while thinking about it. He really made me not feel alone in this world.

"I'm glad to hear that. I can tell you guys have a strong bond." I heard footsteps causing me to look up. I turn to see his dad walking down the stairs.

"Food smells good." He told us when he got over to us. It was almost done and the only one still asleep was Colby.

I put the eggs on the plate as I offered to wake up Colby. "Good luck trying, he's a hard sleeper." His dad said as I started walking up the stairs.

His door was cracked so I lightly push it to see him asleep. His dog, Foxy, was cuddled up next to him as he slept.

I walk over to him and bend down. I lightly shake him awake but he didn't budge. "Colby." I softly spoke as he stayed still. I move his hair out of his eyes and look at his face as he sleeps.

I don't know how someone could look that good while sleeping. I could stare at him all day if I could. "Colby." I say louder as I shake him awake. He still doesn't budge.

That's when I got the idea. I close my eyes and lightly peck his lips. His eyes fluttered as he looked at me. He smiled as we made eye contact.

I laughed a little as he rubbed his eyes. "You know, you're the hardest person to get up." I joke as he shrugs.

I just can't believe we're leaving tomorrow.