13

I felt like I kept fading in and out of reality. This is probably the worst allergic reaction I've ever had.

I remember I had one when I was a kid, but it wasn't this bad. Finn drove me to the hospital but I don't remember getting there.

I wonder if they're gonna tell my parents. I just want to go home. After what feels like forever, I feel the urge to wake up.

I open my eyes to see I'm in a bright room and I hear a beeping noise next to me. I look over to see Finn next to me but he's asleep.

He's softly snoring as his hand holds his head up. "Finn." I tried to get him up. I see his eyes open as he looks up and looks over at me.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked turning to me. "I'm tired. Am I okay?" I ask not really knowing what's going on.

"You've been in here for a couple of hours and they said you're reacting to the medicine really well. They're gonna keep you overnight to make sure though." He told me as I pouted.

"Shouldn't you be at work?" I ask changing the subject. "Luke doesn't want you alone and we're waiting for Colby." He told me while I looked over at him.

I lightly smiled as he did the same. "Thanks for being a great friend." I honestly tell him. He shook his no making me confused.

"You're in here because of me." He sadly said as I pouted. I heard footsteps come in my room and I look over to see Colby looking over at us. "Are you okay?" He asked walking over to us. "I'm fine." I smile as he looked over to Finn.

He didn't look too happy about Finn being here. "Hey Finn. I heard it was your cookies that brought my girlfriend in here." He angrily said as I sat up in bed.

"Colby, he didn't know. It was a mistake." I defend him as he sits there, not knowing what to say.

"A mistake that won't happen again. And if does we're gonna have some problems." Finn stood up, revealing his height.

He walked over to Colby, looking down at him with a serious look on his face. "Its's not." I've never heard Finn so serious.

He looked over at me and his face softened up. "I'll see you at work." Finn looked at Colby one more time before walking out my room.

Colby looked over at me and sat where Finn was sitting. "Colby, you know he didn't mean it right?" I honestly say.

He sighs as he thinks for a minute. "I just got upset because I don't like seeing you like this. I wish I was I could've been there for you." He quietly said. I saw he had one hand free so I took it and laced our fingers together.

"You hear that beeping noise?" I ask getting quiet. The only noise we could hear was the beeping of my heart monitor.

He nods his head yes as I take a deep breath. "My heart is still beating. It's okay. It was just an allergy reaction." As I spoke, I could see his face soften. He starts rubbing his hand with his thumb making me feel calm.

"I'm just protective of you. I don't want you getting hurt. Next time I see Finn, I'll make sure to apologize." I don't know why, but him telling me he's protective of me made me feel safe.

Other than Brandon, he was the only person to feel protective of me. But this is a different type of protective.

Brandon was protective of me because he thought of me as his sister. Colby is protective of me because us being in a relationship.

I wonder if Colby was ever protective of Gemma? Who knows, Gemma was fucking crazy. I heard a knock on my door and then a foot steps.

I saw Brennen's face as he carried a teddy bear. "Hey, Colby told me what happened. You okay?" That was sweet that Brennen came and checked up on me.

"I'm alright. I have to stay overnight." I tell him as he comes to me. He looks over at the teddy bear and then at me.

"I got this for you so hopefully it makes you feel better." I couldn't help but take the bear from him.

"Thanks Brennen, you didn't have to though." I say as Colby clears his throat. "I'm gonna use the bathroom."

He got up and walked away before I could say anything. "Is he alright?" Brennen asked staying in his spot.

"He saw Finn earlier and got a little mad because it was his cookies that I ate." I whisper to him so Colby doesn't hear and gets mad.

"Did Finn know you were allergic?" I shake my head no as he nods his head. We heard the toilet flush causing us to stop talking about it.

"How's your hangover treating you?" I ask changing the subject. "Could be worse. I could be in a hospital bed." He joked while making me laugh. That's when I heard more knocks and more footsteps coming in.

That's when I saw Kat and Tara walk in. Besides Finn, all of my best friends were here. "Hey guys." I smile as they bring me balloons and stuffed animals.

"You didn't have to bring me anything." I tell them as they sit the balloons next to me. "We wanted to. Don't worry."

Kat smiled as Colby walked out of the bathroom. He smiled when he saw the two girls in here.

He sat in the chair next to me as we started talking. Brennen ended up leaving cause he had plans with his brother and Colby left to get some stuff cause he doesn't want me to be alone.

I was here with the girls. "So they basically fought over you?" Tara asked as I rolled her eyes.

"They didn't really fight over me. Colby got protective over me. And Finn defended himself so they weren't really fighting for me." I explain to them.

"It's still cute. I would melt if Sam fought for me like that." Kat told us as Tara agreed.

Even though today didn't go exactly how I planned, I'm happy I had my friends and boyfriend by my side.