6

"Flight to Kansas City is now boarding." We heard over the loud speakers. I look at Colby as he stands up.

"You ready, beautiful?" He sticks his hand out so I could grab it. I take his hand as I stood up. We boarded the plane and walked to our seats.

He had the window seat as I sat next to him. "You can get it Monday." He smiled as we sat down. I put my headphones on as I got comfortable.

Even though the flights only three hours, I had planned on taking a nap. I take his hand and interlock our fingers.

He was gonna watch Netflix on the trip so I knew he wouldn't be lonely. I laid my head on his shoulder as I slowly fell asleep.

I just couldn't believe I'm actually meeting his parents. I just really want them to like me. Before I knew it, I was lightly getting shaken.

I open my eyes to see Colby shaking me as my head laid on his shoulder. "Hey sleepy head, we landed." I look around to see that most of the people had left.

I stand up and stretch while I check the time. It was six thirty so we still have some daylight left. I always forget Kansas is two hours ahead of California.

We grab our carry on and head off the plane to get our s from baggage claim. "My brothers picking us up so I hope it's cool." He said as I smiled.

I remember him mentioning his brother before. "Yeah, that's fine." I say as I look for my bag. Once we get everything, we start looking for his brother.

Well, he looks for him cause I don't know what he looks like. "Colby!" I hear making Colby turn his head.

I followed him to his older brother. I definitely see a resemblance between the two brothers. They gave each other a bro hug as I stood there awkwardly.

That's when his brother looked down at me and smiled. "You must be Vee." He told me causing them to smile. "I am. You must be Gage." I say as he looks at his brother.

"They're gonna love her." I got confused when he said that. Did he mean their parents? "But let's get you two home. You had a long flight." We grab our luggage as we follow him to his car.

This is the farthest east I've ever been. I know people count Kansas as the Midwest or whatever but to me, it's the farthest from the west coast I've ever been.

I think it's kinda sad how the only places I've been before this trip is California and Hawaii. But Kansas is different from both places.

I get in the back while Colby sits next to me. I look out the window as Gage starts driving and I couldn't believe I was actually here.

Colby laced our fingers together making me smile out the window. "I think mom and dad are happy you're visiting. They wouldn't stop talking about it." Gage said making conversation as he drove.

"I'm glad to see them, I miss them." Colby said looking out the window. It took us a while to get from the airport to their house but I didn't mind.

Kansas was different from Hawaii. But a good different. When we reached their house, I took a breath before getting out of the car.

I'm actually doing this. I get my stuff as Colby gets his. I follow Colby into his parents house to see it really cute in here.

His mom was in the kitchen making food while his dad walked out of a room. Two dogs ran over to us barking, scaring me for a second.

"Don't worry, they won't hurt you." Gage said as they jumped on my legs while sniffing me. His parents looked over instantly smiled.

His dad walked over to us as his brother went to his mom. "Hey dad." Colby said as he hugged his dad. That's when his dad looked at me.

"You must be Venus." Colby must've told him my actual name. "I am, and I just go by Vee." I say as I shake his hand. "Oh I'm sorry. It's nice to meet you." He said as we let go of each other's hand.

"You too Mr. Brock. Thanks for letting me stay here for the weekend." I thank him as he shrugs. "Don't worry about it, and call me Layne. I'm just happy we get to meet the girl Colby's been talking about." I look at Colby's blushing face as I smirk at him.

"You talk about me?" I smirk as shakes his head no. "Pshh, no." He denied it causing me to raise his eyebrows. "Yes you do! Don't deny it!" Gage said from across the house.

"Gage, can you cook for a minute. I wanna meet the lovely Vee." His mom said as she walked over towards us.

"Hi, I'm Lesa and I'm so happy to finally meet you." She gave me the biggest hug which took me by surprise at first.

I hugged back, making me miss my mom. "I'm happy to meet you too." I say as she pulled away. She held onto my arms as she looked at me from up and down.

That made me nervous. My heart beat rose as I felt like she was judging me. I couldn't read her facial expression so I felt like she was already not liking me.

That's when she smiled making me nervous smile. She looked at Colby and then back at me. "You're a lot prettier than what Colby has described. You have that natural beauty." I couldn't help but smile and blush when she said that.

"Thank you." I say as she took a deep breath. "Here, let me show you to the guest room." She took my hand as she walked towards the room.

She seemed really nice. I feel like she would like my mom. I just can't believe I went two years without seeing my family.

"Here's the guest room. It even has it's own bathroom so you don't have to use the one the boys use." She joked making a small laugh come out my mouth.

"I think you're good for him." She randomly told me as I sat my bags down. I look at her confused as she was smiling at me.

"When he was with Gemma, he was not happy. They used to fight all the time. But when he told me about a new neighbor in his apartment complex, I figured something was up." She explained as I listened.

"He would talk about how he wanted you to open up to him and how he thought you were a good person. I've never seen him fight for Gemma like he's fought for you. He really cares about you." I had no idea he talked this much about me.

And honestly, it made me love him more.