Chapter 5

Fitz POV

"So, what do you think?" Biana asked the next morning at breakfast.

"About what?"

"Sophie, I saw the way you were looking at her. You're not very subtle." Biana teased.

"What are you getting at Biana?"

"Oh, come on! You have a crush on Sophie!" 

"I do not!"

*snort*"So, you didn't stare the first time you sare at her and didn't say up late thinking about her?" 

"I might  of, but even if I did I am engaged to Lihn." 

"True, but neither of you are happy about it. Why did you agree to the wedding away way?"

"I agreed to it to make our parents happy, besides it's for the good of the country" Fitz protested.

"Fitz, you have to think about yourself every once and a while. It's your life, only you should decide who you marry. And it should be someone you care about!"

"Hey, what are you talking about?" Keefe said striding into the room. 

"The fact that Fitz has a crush on Sophie," Biana said before he could change the subject.

"I KNEW IT!" Keefe yelled the same time Fitz yelled: "I DO NOT!"

"Come on Fitz, admit it. Besides it's sooooooooooooooooo obvious" 

''Thh-that's... I don't have a crush on Sophie!"

"So you wouldn't do anything if I tried to get her to go out with me? Because if you're not interested I might give it a shot. She's hot" Keefe asked with a smirk.

"I might do something...."

"FITZY HAS A CRUSH! FITZY HAS A CRUSH!"Keefe and Biana start singing.

"SHUT UP!" Fitz yells and storms out hearing Keefe and Biana laugh and sing.

But if I did, does she like me back? Fitz wondered.

           Sophie POV

"Sophie! We need to talk!" Biana yelled at her.

"Can it wait until Silveny is calmed down?" Silveny was the new horse at Havenfeild, and she had major trust issues. (in this Havenfeild is an animal rescue and rehabilitation center) She was a rare pure white Akhal-Teke horse, so it was important for her to learn how to trust people other than Sophie. 

 "Fine, but hurry up!" It took a few minutes to calm Silveny but she did it, with the help of a lot of cinnamon. 

"What's so important Biana?"

"It's about Fitz"

"What about him?" Sophie asked turning to the water pail to hind her slight blush.

"HE LIKES YOU!" 

"Ww-what! Not he doesn't! We only met yesterday, how can he like me?!" Sophie asked trying not to fall into the pail and get soaked.

"Come on it was so obvious! Do you like him?" 

"No-yes-maybe, NOT IN THAT WAY!"

"YOU LIKE HIM!!!!"

"SOPHIE FOSTER WHO DO YOU LIKE!" Grady yelled from the house.

"NO ONE! BIANA IS OVEREACTING!" Sophie replied.

"NO, I'M NOT!" Biana yelled while dancing happily in a circle.

"Biana, even if I do like him and he likes me it doesn't matter. He engaged to Lihn" 

"So? Neither are happy, Lihn likes Lord Wyile and Fitz thinks of her like a little sister. AND NOW HE LIKES YOU!" 

"Wait, back up. If neither of them are happy why are they doing it?" Sophie asked, intrigued. 

"Becuase Lihn's parents are jerks and aren't giving her a choice, and Fitz is being all noble and doing it to make our parents happy and because it's "for the good of the country". Even though he now likes someone else" She says as if being noble is the worst thing he could have done.

"Biana, they're engaged and we don't like each other like that. There isn't anything you can do about it, so just drop it."

"But you two are perfect for each other!" 

"No, we're not, he's the golden prince and I'm just... "

"The fastest, smartest, humblest, and most beautiful person in the kingdom?"

"Biana, that's not true. There are plenty of people faster, smarter, more humble, and better looking than me."

"Like who?"

"Like you, Lihn, and Dex"

"Aww.. but.."

"No buts Biana, that's the truth and you can't convince me otherwise. Tell Lihn I will meet her at Alluveterre tomorrow to help her chose a dress" Sophie said, walking away. 

"When are you going to see your wrong?" Biana mumbled to her self before going home.