Chapter 17

"Sit down, this might take a while," Edaline said.

"Can I leave?" Sophie asked, scared of what is happening.

"No, sit"

"I think I hear Grady calling, I should go check"

"Sophie" Edaline warned.

"Fine"

"Now, I will try to make this as lest embarrassing as possible. Okay?" Sophie groaned, trying to hide under the covers.

"You don't have to hide," Edaline said, ripping the covers off.

"Yes, I do!" Sophie responded, trying to wrestle the covers from Edaline.

"You can't avoid this"

"Watch me!"

"Don't you want to talk to someone about what's happening."

"Umm..."

"I have Custard Bursts"

"Deal!" Sophie said, scooping up the tray of treats.

"Thought so"

"Jusf get it ofver wolf" she said, mouth full of treats. (Just get it over with)

"Swallow then speak. Now, Biana told us about you and Fitz." Sophie groaned louder.

"Do we really need to talk about that?"

"Yes, why didn't you tell us?"

"Did you see Grady when he found out? I like my friends in one piece"

"Friends? No one is anything... greater?" Edaline asked eyebrow raised again.

"Yes, friends. What's with the look?"

"I highly doubt that you two are just friends after the look he had when he tried to check on you"

Sophie groaned again, peeking out from her hiding place after a moment.

"What look?" She asked, immediately regretting it once Edaline sat down next to her, ready for a heart to heart chat.

"Get out from under there, you asked. Do you want to know?"

"Fine" Sophie said, sitting down.

"You wanted to know about the look Fitz had?" Sophie nodded "Good, you remember when Fitz tried to check on you?"

Sophie nodded again.

"He was obviously concerned, not surprising. But he every time Grady mentioned you or you two's relationship he got slightly embarrassed but also visibly happy.  That boy is smitten, Sophie." She groaned and hid.

After a minute her curiosity won and Sophie peaked out her head.

"Really?"

"Yes really, now get to bed. It's almost eleven o'clock!"

The only thing Sophie could think about that night was what Edaline told her. Did Fitz really like her that much?

Sorry for the really short chapter