Chapter 13

Last time in A Royal Ball...

"We should be getting back," Sophie said, not being able to take her eyes off of Fitz's.

"They can what one more minute," He said leaning in closer.

Fitz's arm pulled her on closer.

"Trust me?" Sophie nodded, losing her voice.

"Then trust this." She smiled, closing the small gap.

Kissing Fitz... it was indescribable. Like wrapping the joy of presents, excitement of zip lining, and one other emotion she couldn't put a finger on, all in one. When he deep end the kiss she practically melted. They fit perfectly together.

All too soon they broke away.

"Umm..." Was all she could say.

"Biana is going to be way to happy about this," Fitz said quietly.

"True, but who cares?" Sophie said, finally finding her voice.

"Not me" he replied, kissing her again.   

    Later that afternoon...

     Biana POV

As soon as Fitz got home from his mystery errand she could tell something was up.

"What's with the cheesy grin?" She asked in a sing-song voice.

"Nothing" he replied immediately. Trying, and failing, to wipe the smile off his face.

"Ya right. Where were you?"

"It's not important," Fitz replied, heading towards his room.

"Come on Fitzy! Tell me something." Biana complained, annoyed that Fitz was dodging all her questions.

"Does it have something to do with Sophie?" She asked, noticing his small blush.

"So it does have something to do with Sophie!"

"Biana! It's not a big deal, okay? So drop it!" He said, slamming the bedroom door in her face.

"Fine, if you won't tell me yourself, then I figure it out myself," Biana told her self, bringing out her fancy, high tech phone.

"Tam, get Linh and bring her to Alluveterre. I'll get Dex and Marella."

"Why? Is something wrong?" Tam asked, concerned.

"Maybe, I'll explain there."

"Okay, see you"

"See you" after hanging up she replayed the message to Dex then made her way to her dresser.

She grabbed the side and pulled, revealing a hidden passage behind it. On a matter of minutes, she was there.

"Hey Bi," Tam said, moving to her side and pecking her on the lips.

"So, why did you bring all of us here?" Linh asked.

"It's Fitz, he was acting weird."

"Sophie too. When I visited earlier she was weird. Like she was hiding something. Do you think something happened between them?" Dex said.

"It's possible, that's why I brought you here" Biana explained.

"To talk about Fitz and Sophie's personal lives?" Asked Linh.

"No, to make a plan of attack."  Then Biana layed down her plan.

"Should we really be doing this? I mean this is their personal lives, shouldn't we give them some privacy?" Linh asked.

"But we're their friends, we have the right to know what is going on in their lives," Tam argued. This is why Biana loved him, he understands her.

"I don't know about you but I want to know what is going on with them. Sophie's my cousin, I deserve to know what is going on." Dex said, turning a bit red.

Everyone knows that Dex liked Sophie, that is everyone but Sophie. Even though he's now with Marella, he still hasn't gotten fully over Soph.

"So now that we have a plan, when should we do it?" Tam asked.

"I was thinking  Monday morning. Fitz is going on another mystery trip." Biana replied.

"Good, let's meet at Evergreen then and find out what is happening with them," Tam said.

Dex immediately agreed, and after a little persuasion, Linh did too.

Soon they would know exactly what is going on. For better or worse.

A/N The song I attached is "I bet my life" by Imagine Dragons. I put it on because every time I hear it I think about Keefe, and since I haven't put him in the story much I decided to attach the song. Enjoy!

Oh! And I intend Keefe has a big part of a few chapters (but it will take a while to do because I already wrote most (maybe all) of the next couple chapters