Chapter 18

Sophie woke up to the lovely sound of Biana screaming in her ear.

"Sleep" She mumbled.

"Get up! You have a date today!"

Flashback

Sophie was laying down in bed listening to Grady argue with Fitz. Finally, she got sick of it and decided to text Fitz

You might want to leave, I like you in one piece- Sophie ❤️

I'm worried about you - Fitz 💙

I'll be fine, Grady is just overprotective - Sophie❤️

Can I see you? - Fitz 💙

Do you want to stay in one piece? -Sophie❤️

Hmm... Good point, how bought meet up on Thursday? -Fitz💙

Is Fitz Vacker asking me on a date?🧐 -Sophie❤️

Maybe? Is that a yes? -Fitz 💙

It's a yes, but don't tell Biana. She'll go crazy -Sophie❤️

Deal, now I'll go, Grady is getting even madder -Fitz💙

End of Flashback

"It's not a date! We're just hanging out!"

"Ya right, now hurry up! We need to get you ready!"

"We?" Sophie asked, noticing that Lin and Marella were there too.

"Yep, now hurry!" After Sophie stook a short shower the girls got her ready, it took a full hour. 

"You look, great Soph! Fitz won't be able to stop staring!" Marella said

"Agreed!" Linh said.

"Guys! We're just hanging out! It's not that big of a deal!" Sophie complained.

"Sure," Biana said, rolling her eyes "Now for finishing touches, Fitz will be here soon!"

"Ugggg do you have to?"

"YES!" They all yelled.

After several minutes of arguing Biana relented, just lip gloss and gold-flecked eyeliner.

"Any idea where you're going?" Linh asked.

"Not really, Fitz is meeting me at Everglen and taking me somewhere"

"Ohh, mystery date. Tell us everything once you get back!"

"I will relax. I need to get going"

Fitz PIV

He had been waiting upfront for only a few minutes when Sophie arrived.

His jaw dropped, she looked like a goddess. Her dress fit her features perfectly and the gold in her eyes popped

Once Sophie reached him she punched him lightly in the arm.

"Biana found out" she complained.

"Not my fault, she must have figured it out"

"Sure, now where are we going?" She asked, a playful glint in her eyes.

"It's a surprise," he said, worried she'd wouldn't like it. He'd never taken out a girl he liked this much.

"Okay," she said, clearly curious.

He leads her down a flower-lined path. Once they got close to the sit he covers her eyes with his eyes.

"Really Fitz, this is cliche" Sophie laughed.

"I know, just a few more steps." Then they were there.

"Open" he whispered into her ear, removing his hands. She gasped.

"Like it?"

"I love it" she whispered, grinning and turning towards him.

He spent the morning setting up a picnic on his favorite spot near the lake. It was surrounded by a few trees so any people passing by wouldn't notice them.

"I'm glad," He said, kissing her lightly.

Once they finished eating he took out a silver, medium-sized, flat box and gave it to Sophie.

"Open it" he encouraged.

She smiled and unraveled the teal ribbon, opened the box and gasped.

"What do you think?" He asked worried.

"It's beautiful" she whispered, tracing her fingers along the teal pendant

"Let me help you put it on," he said, removing the necklace from the box.

It was swirling teal pendant on a teal and silver chain. (above) Resting right on her collar bone.

"Thank you" she whispered, playing with the necklace.

He couldn't help to notice that she was leaning on him, their faces centimeters apart.

He kissed her gently, it was perfect. Everything in that moment was perfect.

Except for one thing.

The maid staring them from a distance. She gasped when they kissed, knowing that the girl wasn't Linh.

P.s. Chapter 20 might take a while. Sorry. 😔