Chapter 8

Sophie woke up on Friday to the sound of her phone ringing.

"Sophie! Come over now! The ball is today!"

"I'll be there in an hour or two" 

"NO! Now!" 

"Yes, your highness"

After she hung up, Sophie got dressed in a teal workout top that squeezed a little too much and dark brown jeans. She packed her dress, heels, and jewelry in a bag and went downstairs for breakfast.

"Sophie, Biana's carriage is waiting outside for you" her adoptive mom Edaline told her. 

"Okay Mom, see you later"

"Wait a minute Sophie, where are you going?" Her overly protective adoptive dad, Grady, asked.

"To meet Biana, she's hosting a ball tonight"

"Okay, see you tonight Soph. Have fun!" Edaline said before Grady could object.

"I will!"

"Why are letting her go?"

"Because she needs to find love!"

"NO, I DON"T!" Sophie shouted over her shoulder before leaping into the carriage.

            time skip VA a mad red-head, plastic hairbrush, and one ancient diety

"Sophie! You here!" Biana shouted over the security fence.

"Happy B-Day besty!" Sophie said getting out of the carriage.

"Thanks! You look great! Now come on we need to get ready, the others are already in my room"

5 hours, 35 minutes, and 15 seconds later (Sophie counted) They were ready. 

"Wow, guys you look great!"Lihn said.

"I'm pretty sure that Tam, Dex, and Wyile aren't going to stop staring," Sophie said while everyone else blushes.

"What about Fitz?" Biana teases.

"Ya, it's obvious you guys like each other" Marella joins in.

"Not like that!" 

"Please, I've only seen you two together once and I still agree with Marella and Biana" Lihn jumps in.

"Shouldn't we be helping decorate the ballroom?" Sophie asked.

"True, let's go, the decorations should be there by now," Biana says. 

The ballroom was outside and was beautiful. It had ornate waterfall fountains in the corners, flowers, trees, and bushes surrounding the perimeter, and a dance floor right in the middle of it all. When you first step out you're on a patio that looks over the whole setting. To cap it all off, you could see mountains in the distance right where the sun would set later that evening.  

"Wow Biana, this amazing!" Sophie said.

"Just a few more finishing touches and it will be perfect!" Biana replyed.

With that, they set to work. Marella was be making sure the food was cooked all the way through and was in the right place, Lihn was rigging the fountains to spew multi-colored water, Biana was going around making sure everything was just right and that everyone looked their best, while Sophie was setting the tables and placing the floral centerpieces. 

"Biana! I think were ready! Go get your parents, the boys, and whoever has already arrived!" Marella yelled from the buffet.

"Okay! I'll be right back!" she yelled back.

A/N The outfits are on the next page