The Happy Moonchild (part 1)

"Deaf? Assistant Min is deaf? What are you saying Nahee... he's not..."

Jungkook sounded a way too unsure, he knew that the girl had no reason to lie to him, but there was no way, it was not possible...

"He speaks to people normally! E-even I spoke to him!"

Jungkook stated firmly this time, as if to prove his point. Jaehyun even stopped eating and was listening to the conversation, now that was something.

"Jungkook... Assistant Min can read lips. That's why when you spoke to him today, he didn't stop or turn around, he just didn't hear you." Nahee commented, as he shoved a napkin in Jaehyun's direction, he had rice all over his chin, he could seriously be a huge pig sometimes.

"Read lips? But-"

Jungkook paused for a second, as his mind was brought back to that time in the lecture when Yoongi "heard" what he had said, he said it very quietly, so he really thought there was no way for the older to hear him, but in that moment Yoongi was looking at him.

He didn't hear me... he read my lips... Jungkook concluded, as he briefly touched his lips. And when he spoke to me after the lecture... he kept looking at my face, so that's why...

"Gosh, you really didn't know?" The girl said and Jungkook shook his head. "Remember what Assistant Min said during the first lecture? About not asking questions, do you know why he did that?" Nahee questioned and Jungkook once again shook his head.

"What do you mean why? Because he's an aaaaaasssshole!" Jaehyun was nice enough to wipe his mouth before speaking, because he knew that Nahee could be quite the clean freak, so she could take away his meal or something if he didn't behave.

Jaehyun's comment just earned him another smack on the head and a kick in the leg.

"Yah! You two really do have something against me, huh?!"

Nahee completely ignored Jaehyun, who was now sulking and she looked at Jungkook. He looked curious, a bit too much actually, the girl wondered why her friend seemed to be so interested in Mr. Min.

"He said that, because what if someone from the last row decided to raise their hand and ask a question? He can read lips, but the hall is really big, he can't see that far. It was his way of... not mentioning the fact that he can't hear, he just doesn't want it to get in the way of his work. But he does answer all questions after the lecture, right?"

"Yeah..."

Jungkook mumbled, as he took in the new information. It all made sense now - why Yoongi had said those things, how he was able to "hear" Jungkook during the lecture or why he didn't turn around when Jungkook greeted him today, so maybe the older didn't actually hate him?

"Wait a damn minute!" Jaehyun said all of a sudden, startling his two friends. "That, uh... Min? He said that he has degrees in Composition and Production! But if he can't hear, how in the world can he make music?!"

Jaehyun often spoke nonsense, but his remark was actually rather on point this time. Jungkook looked at Nahee with big eyes, as if the girl would have the answer and she actually did.

"You two... really know absolutely nothing..." The girl sighed, as he glanced between the two clueless boys. "This is why the hall is full of people even though the class is on Monday and so early in the morning. Everybody signed up, because of Assistant Min. He is deaf, but he makes music, great one at that. He's actually quite famous around here and everybody says that..."