Signs of Love (part 1)

"Y-your father?"

Jungkook couldn't believe it, he could tell that man was not a complete stranger, but to think that it was Yoongi's father... his own father treated him like that, why?

"Yeah, I'm already used to his behavior. But it seems like it shocked you, so once again... sorry you had to see this."

Yoongi could feel that Jungkook wouldn't start spreading rumors about him, even though he had just witnessed such a scene. However, he did not expect the boy's outburst.

"How can you be used to this?! He has no right to treat you like this! What if he's your father?? And why are you apologizing?? He's the one who should be doing that! Aaah, this is so frustrating!!"

Jungkook didn't realize that he was once again speaking too fast, but Yoongi smiled at him in response and Jungkook froze all of a sudden, Yoongi's smiles were kinda... breaking him a bit, he stopped functioning properly.

"You're a cute kid."

Jungkook just stood there, completely silent for over a minute, his brain slowly processed the words and then they echoed in his head, before he finally remembered what speech was.

"I-I'm not c-cute!! And I'm... not a kid..."

Yoongi just gave him a knowing look and Jungkook seriously didn't know what else to say in his defense, because he sometimes really felt a kid, but he was not cute, okay?! Yoongi was the cute one! But thankfully, Jungkook just kept his mouth shut. However, there were tons of questions in his head at the moment, he wanted to ask so many things, but there was one, which he couldn't help asking no matter what.

"Why did you use sign language?"

"Hm?" Yoongi missed the question, because he was currently enjoying Jungkook's inner turmoil a bit too much and didn't pay attention.

"With your father... you used sign language to communicate with him. Why?"

"Ah, my father..." Yoongi didn't know how exactly to explain this or what words to use, his father was a difficult man and it was even more difficult to speak about him. "When he learnt sign language, I was happy, I thought he had done it for me, but I was wrong. He thinks that he can make a point by raising his voice and since I could no longer hear that, he learnt sign language instead and just by the way he moves his hands, I can tell that he's angry, that he's yelling, that I have once again done something he dislikes... but he's a man with pride, so he doesn't like lowering himself to my level. If he's using sign language, I have to do it as well, otherwise, he gets even angrier and ends the "conversations" even sooner."

Doesn't want to lower himself to Assistant Min's level? What the heck, that's so selfish and rude, but wait... wait... wait a minute... what??

"Since you could no longer hear him?" Jungkook pointed out that part right away, because it made a huge impression.

"I was not born deaf, Jungkook."

That short sentence made Jungkook's breathing come to a cease for a few seconds, the statement itself was yet another shocking one to him, but what made his heart ache at the moment was Yoongi's face - he looked so sad and in so much pain and he uttered those few words with such melancholy and sadness.

"Oh, I... I didn't- I'm sorry." Jungkook didn't even know what he was apologizing for, he just felt the need to say it. "And... music?"

"I fell in love with it when I could still hear. It used to be my biggest treasure, in a way - it still is. But now... I both hate it and love it. Weird, huh?"