The Burning Rain Bird (part 2)

Was a kiss enough to stop the trembling of his hands or the aching of his heart?

Yoongi didn't find the answer to those questions, because when his face was just centimeters away from Hoseok's, the other let go of his hand and placed both of his hands on Yoongi's chest to prevent him from moving further.

"Yoongi, stop."

It took all of Hoseok's willpower to utter those two words, to move his own hands and push the other away, because Hoseok had been waiting for an opportunity for a long time. He wanted to get Yoongi back, but not like this, not when Yoongi was so vulnerable and wasn't thinking clearly.

"I, just-"

"It won't be just a kiss, Yoongi. You know that. It will be just the start."

Hoseok could now see the hesitance and uncertainty in Yoongi's eyes and yet he didn't move away.

Hoseok knew that one day he would have to give up, but he was also stuck in time, just like Yoongi, he was hoping that the other man would change his mind, but in order for that to happen, Yoongi also had to move forward, to put the past behind, but perhaps... Hoseok was not the person who was going to help Yoongi achieve that ultimate goal and he was starting to realize that.

"Sure... we can have sex. It will make you relax, it will make you feel better and it will make you forget... momentary. But on the next morning you're going to come to your senses and you're going to regret it. You'll apologize to me to no end and I don't want that, Yoongi. I don't want us to turn into something like that."

"Hoseok-"

"We can't cross the border, Yoongi. If we become more than friends, but less than lovers... I won't be able to take it." 

Those words definitely reached Yoongi, he no longer seemed keen on protesting and wordlessly went back to his side of the bed.

How stupid of him, how could he do this? How could he demand something like that from Hoseok? After everything the other had done for him, even after their break-up, even after what Yoongi put him through. Their friendship was like no other and Yoongi valued it to the moon and back.

"I'm sorry, Hoseok. I really am... for everything."

Yoongi wasn't only talking about what had happened a mere minute ago and they both knew it.

"It's okay. Nothing happened, so don't worry about it."

But something could've happened, something that could destroy what we have and it was going to be my fault...

Yoongi was good at blaming himself and he was good at concealing that, but Hoseok knew him too well.

"Hey, when I say everything is okay, I mean it." Hoseok covered Yoongi with the blankets to keep him warm and got up from the bed. "Your stomach probably won't fancy the idea of food tonight, so I'll make you some tea and I'll see if Haeni needs any water or food."

Having Hoseok as a friend... Yoongi could've really messed that up tonight and he was truly going to regret it a lot. Hoseok was that rare type of person who didn't mind giving and giving while receiving nothing in return. Yoongi had always admired him for that.

"Hoseok..." Yoongi called out when the said man was at the door of the bedroom and he turned around. "Thank you for always staying by my side, despite everything. That means the world to me."