Epilogue - C.8

So I realize that this update is well overdue but I suck at updating so here it is the final ending.

(A possibly bonus chapter in progress, however I'm not promising anything)

(Not edited)
Word count: 1036

Short but kind sweet

•••

Wedding Venue:

(without the bushes, overlooking the sea)^

~ 10 years later at Narcissa Malfoy & Alec Zabini's wedding ~

<set after the ceremony, bc I can>

Hermione was standing by the water looking out at the water sipping champagne and letting the cold sea breeze help cool the warm sun down a little.

She put the champagne on the stone carved railing and looked over at the sea deep in thought. Thinking of how happy they were this long awaited day had come.

Thinking back to how fast time flies. It felt like
Yesterday she was finding out she was pregnant with Narcissa and her brother and here she was at her daughters wedding now 27 years later.

It felt unreal.

She felt a familiar presence behinds her and the smell of her favorite cologne surrounding her. She shivers at his light touch filled with love as two arms sneaks their way around her waist wraps around her as she leaned back into his firm chest, a content sigh leaving her lips.

"Can you believe it" Hermione started "It feels like just a month ago we found out I was pregnant and here we are at out little girls wedding"

"She's grown up so fast" Draco chuckles with a hint of sadness in his proud voice.

"She's not so little anymore is she"

A sad acknowledgment, but a true one none the less.

"No she isn't"

"Where did time go?"

Draco took a deep breath looking at his daughter wrapped happily in her now husbands arms, his eyes shining with pride as he spoke

"We did good didn't we"

She laughed softly, knowing how true his statement was.

He continued "I mean we raised a strong intelligent, beautiful daughter much like her mother i will say and now she's all grown up"

"Our baby's married" She whispers softly.

A warm feeling spreading in her body and that motherly feeling squeezed her heart.

"You know" his voice rumbled in his chest as he so warmly spoke to his love. "I never thought I would get to have a daughter let alone get to watch her get married"

Hermione squeezed his arms placed around her waist, lacing her hands in his wordlessly telling him to continue.

"I believed I couldn't have a happy ending or to start a family of my own choosing. But now, I mean look at us"

"What changed"

"You did"

His answer so simple yet it holds so much meaning, her heart skipping a beat at his words.

"I'll leave you alone with you thoughts now. I know you prefer to let big events, like this one sync in and settle down in that big brain of yours"

He whispers agains her ears as he kisses her forehead and makes his way over to his mother who was chatting happily away with Blaise.

She smiled softly and made her way out of the part setting over to the small hill overlooking the place.

She lays down gazing up at the stars.

Some time later Hermione's ears perked up at the sound of sloppy footsteps approaching. She didn't even acknowledge him sitting down next to her.

She just took a deep breath hearing the after party still going strong, looking back up at the starts and started talking.

"I still can't believe that we actually made it"

"I know, me to"

"You know, I don't think I ever thank you"

"Thanked me for what" Harry says confusion clear in his voice.

"You know when I first stared Hogwarts my parents were terrified, I mean I was to. I was truly petrified of the foreign world. I didn't know anything about the wizard world or the culture so I stuck to what I knew, books"

"I was so infuriated with you when I first met you. Because everybody knew who you were, and offered their assistance and wanted to help and be friends with you and I didn't have that.

I prided myself in things such as knowing the history of Hogwarts as a replacement for the lack of magical experience and actual wizards I had in my life and you just come waltzing in and everybody already knows you and even if it was unknowingly you had a lot of connections in the wizarding world through your parents and your fame."

"You never needed and introduction because they knew who you were, and your role"

"But you and Ron you guys still stuck around, how- I have no idea I mean I was a huge know-it-all, still kinda am but you know working on it". She let out a soft chuckle.

Harry let out a joyful laugh clearly remembering her not so hidden personality trait and simply nodded.

"So when I first met you and Ginny and the others- hell even Ron, I never actually told you how much that meant to me. How much you all still mean to me"

"So thank you for that. For helping me feel safe, at home even after all these years"

"Thank you for being my brother Harry"

"Thank you for being my sister Hermione, I don't think you'll ever truly realize how much you have helped and impacted my life."

"I wouldn't have survived without you" He grinned know how true the statement was.

"Thank you. From the bottom of my heart"

•••

I updated😱! It's a fucking miracle! also your welcome :)

also your welcome :)

No idea if people are still reading this story but still.

This series is unfortunately ending. I only have a bonus chapter I have been working on left and that's it.

⤷ However it's a work in progress so unsure of when it's         going to be published.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for reading this story, it first started out as me wanting to write a Dramione reunion story that was completed and not a second hand embarrassment type of story from 2017.

And now I can't believe people are actually reading this🙏🏻