Changes.

The morning after the event Melanie was laid in bed and saw her baby bump had gotten bigger a tiny bit.

She pressed her hand against her stomach and smiled. Knowing it was a girl made her love it a little more..

"What's the gender?" Hayley came into Melanie's room and asked her. "Wait and see Marshall," Melanie answered and Hayley chuckled.

"I have to tell Kol, I'll see you downstairs." Melanie explained and walked into her bathroom. Hayley left with a smile on her face.

Melanie got dressed and did her hair. This morning she didn't have morning sickness.

When she walked down the stairs she was greeted by Elijah. "Morning Melanie," he smiled at her and she smiled back. "Morning Elijah," Melanie replied.

"I heard about your event that happened last night. I hope everything's okay, with you and your baby." He told her and she frowned at the thought of that she could have lost her baby last night if she died.

"We are fine, besides I got to find out the gender." Melanie answered back and Elijah leaned back in shock.

"What is it? My dear." It seemed everyone had a nickname for Melanie wether it's love, my dear or darling.

"Don't tell Hayley I want to make her wait for it because the suspense would kill her but it's a girl." Melanie whispered.

Elijah smiled. "Dear god another girl in this family." He placed a hand on his forehead before kissing Melanie's cheek and leaving.

"How are you feeling today?" The familiar British voice came ringing behind Melanie. Klaus.

"I'm fine, thanks." Melanie replied back.
"So?" Klaus asked Melanie hoping she would know what he is talking about. Of course she clicked on.

"Girl." Melanie answered him and he nodded. "Great love, I'm going out with Rebekah to talk to Marcel about something and I think Hayley and Elijah are out somewhere." Klaus told Melanie and she nodded and smiled.

Klaus left the room which left one boy to tell about the baby. Kol.

Melanie walked up to his room and knocked on his door. Kol opened it to see a very nervous Melanie.

"Your here to tell me the gender aren't you?" He asked her with a smile and she nodded her head slowly.

He invited her in and they sat on his bed. "It's a-," Melanie started but was cut off by Kol grabbing her hand.

He was cut off his thoughts when he touched her skin to feel the shakiness and the hotness of it.

"Are you okay?" Kol worriedly asked her and nodded her head but started to cough.

She put her hand up to her mouth and coughed more and when she looked down she saw dirt. Melanie started to panic and so did Kol.

"Kol!" They heard someone shout his name and Melanie didn't recognise it but Kol did, it was Marcel.

Kol grabbed Melanie and sped down the stairs to Marcel who was with Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah, Hayley and the witch Davina.

"They are linked. Somehow!" Hayley wanted to shout loud at the thought of Melanie being in danger and the baby.

"I need to be sacrificed but in order to do that I will have to die." Davina explained to Melanie as the floor started to shake.

Kol grabbed onto Melanie because he knew her human self wouldn't be able to take it. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him until the group stopped shaking.

"No! Davina you can not get sacrificed, Melanie will die and so will my child!" Kol shouted at Davina and she looked around.

Then the witch who knew Melanie was pregnant walked in and she had lots of papers in her hand.

"I have a spell that could unlink you but it's very dangerous. There is a fifty, fifty you could loose the baby though." Sophie explained calmly and Kol's breathing got stronger.

"Kol think about, a half a chance of loosing your baby or a full chance of loosing Melanie and your baby." Hayley said walking up to them.

Melanie walked towards her and the floor started to shake again. Melanie in the middle of her steps fell over and Hayley ran up to her and grabbed her.

"You okay?" Hayley asked Melanie and she gripped onto her stomach and started to cough up water same as Davina.

"The third is here and it's moving fast we need to untie the link!" Sophie explained and everyone stood still. "Now!" She shouted.

Klaus took Melanie up to her room and put her on the bed. "Everything's going to be okay, love. I will keep that baby safe and you for Kol's sake," he kissed Melanie's forehead and they started to smile.

Klaus didn't want to admit it but Melanie also brought out the best in him for the few days they have known each other.

"Thank you..." Melanie said weakly and gripped onto Klaus's hand as she started to throw up water.

He pulled her hair back so it wouldn't get wet and he stroked her hand with his thumb. "I got you love, I got you." He said.