𝙟𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭

"I'll be right back," Jungeun sighed, getting up from her chair and wincing when her toes touched the burning sand "I'll go for a quick dive. If Haseul calls tell her we won't be joining them for dinner tonight."

Jinsoul nodded, tired eyes hidden behind big, black glasses. She didn't like going to the beach, she would easily get burned, the sea salt would make her hair puff out, and for God's sake, it was ridiculously hot outside. All this combined with Jungeun's odd behavior had got the blonde sulking.

She thought that maybe Jungeun had gotten the files. The times add up. She knew because Vivi had told her, that Jiwoo had a pattern. The patter wasn't hard to figure out, but was rather creepy, how she managed to remember every date of every incident with each girl. That's when she would send the files out.

Some incidents had happened years ago. It made Jinsoul think that Jiwoo took notes everytime something bad would happen between them, like she had a habit of writing down every signle thing her friends did wrong. It was sick, it made the blonde feel sick.

Jinsoul was alert at all times, if Jiwoo's pattern was right, her file was supposed to be delivered in a few days. Although she couldn't exactly remember the date.

In no way did she want it to be today though. The day her and Jungeun had gone on a two day trip to Jeju Island, their first real holiday as a couple without the girls following after them at all times. And Jinsoul couldn't afford to mess it up.

"Should I take you out for drinks tonight?" Jungeun giggled, it sounded fake "I think we're in need of some alcohol. Work has been hectic."

Jungeun sure was.

"Yes, thank you," Jinsoul leaned forward, lips crushing against her girlfriend's as she played with her damp hair "This trip was definitely needed. I already feel more relaxed."

Jinsoul sure wasn't.

Especially when her phone went off on the small coffee table, making then pull away quickly.

"What's up?" Jungeun asked with wide eyes when Jinsoul picked up her phone, teeth coming to bite down on her  bottom lip.

Jinsoul had suddenly remembered the date. Her memory traveled back to the actual day of the incident.

This couldn't be happening, not now.

"please.accept wants to send you an audio file." the blonde spoke out loud, eyes closing in frustration as she pressed the bridge of her nose with two slender fingers.

Jungeun fell quiet for a little. The sound of the wind and the waves of the sea helping them out of the awkward silence until she managed to put her thoughts into words.

"Play it." she spoke, reaching out to hold Jinsoul's hand.

She couldn't. Jinsoul couldn't play it. Not now. When she was finally together with Jungeun.

"But—"

"Play it, babe." tone stern, gaze dark. Jungeun looked the most serious she had ever looked.

The blonde nodded, gulping while she pressed pay on her phone. She turned the screen of and let it rest on the coffee table as she sat back in hair chair comfortably. She was about to get exposed, might as well receive the criticism from her girlfriend while resting her tired and aching bones.

"Greetings, Jinsoul unnie," the voice she didn't want to hear ever again sounded and Jungeun shivered "It's been long. Don't think I would let you out of the fun."

Jinsoul could feel her heart beating loudly. She was anxious, afraid. She wasn't ready. Her emotions were mixed. Her mind a mess. Why did it have to happen when Jungeun was around? Did Jiwoo want her to never be happy? Becaus if Jungeun heard what Jiwoo had to say, she would regret choosing her over her bestfriend.

"It's been a while, but I still have some bruises left on my body," Jungeun glared ar Jinsoul "And many more in my heart. But we don't talk about that, do we?"

Great, it started already. The angry glances and the sighs. The tapping of her feet and the sighing. Jinsoul wanted this to end.

"Welcome, Jung Jinsoul," Jiwoo took a deep breath in "To the path of the truth."

-kimwig