𝙠𝙞𝙢 𝙝𝙮𝙪𝙣𝙟𝙞𝙣

"Love, it sounds so nice, being in love. I reckon, such feeling can never be described accurately through words. Don't you agree? It's just so...much. So deep," Jiwoo spoke "Love makes us do stupid things, sometimes completely remove the ability to control ourselves and our actions. Don't you agree? I think you do."

Hyunjin couldn't do nothing more than to nod, letting her face peek out of the window for just a split second in attempts of cooling her body down. Outside was cold, it had even rained last night. The winter was near again, the girl thought to herself and sighed.

"Our need to impress the person we think is the one pushes every other sense of responsibility away, I guess." she laughed a little "I'm pretty sure you know what I mean. I don't have to explain it further, right?"

Sure. Hyunjin thought it was normal for someone in love to do everything in their power to impress and win over the one they had fallen for. The one that deserves to be put as their priority for a while, the one that they'll get reckless for if needed.

That's how she got Heejin anyway—

"Oh." Hyunjin backed away from the window. She has just realized what today meant.

"As Heejin's friend, you knew she liked bad boys or bad girls and once you were sure you had fallen for her, you decided to prove to her how much of a bad girl you were. I get it." said the redhead "I mean, I get that you would do everything for love. I wish I had the guts to do so myself, be bold and all."

The girl shook her head as the memories flooded her brain. As much as she loved Heejin, she would never do what she had done again. Not to Jiwoo not to anyone only for the raven head to like her.

"You could easily have saved me back then, but I guess having the seniors record as you pushed the guys away and started punching me was a wiser choice. A choice that could get you the girl."

Thankfully, before Hyunjin could show the video of her punching Jiwoo to Heejin, she came forward. The brunette can still remember that day, when she dragged her at the side of the track field during practice and shyly confessed her feelings. The way her voice got high pitched when she started talking about how completely different Hyunjin was from the people she would usually crush on, it had to be the most adorable thing in the world. Especially when Heejin spoke of how special Hyunjin is and how blessed she felt to have been able to be best friends with her since forever.

No one liked the freshmen, they were just boring. Their experience in "the real deal" that is high school" was limited and everyone felt the need to roll their eyes at them when they acted like they owned the place, like they were old enough to go against everyone else. So, when the seniors got the opportunity to pick on one of them because of the drama they caused during their party a week ago, they decided they would go hard.

The whole school was talking about that redhead freshman that literally got showered with fruit punch by her girlfriend at the party, taking all the focus away from the fact that the basketball championship had started and the school's team— mostly consisting of seniors— was playing one of it's most important games this week.

"The decision to attack me was rather stupid," laughed the girl "But that's boys."

And so, the boys of the basketball team stood outside the girls' locker room, knowing the redhead freshman was always one of the last to leave the room while Hyunjin hid behind a group of girls, probably the dudes' girlfriends who had their phones on and cameras turned towards the doors of the locker room. They waited for just the right moment to capture the terrified face of Jiwoo's and later share it so everyone could see.

"If they wanted to get the focus away from me they should've done something else," Jiwoo scoffed "Are guys always this stupid?"

Jiwoo's face when she got out of the locker room was indeed priceless and the girls recording broke out in laughter when the first guy ran towards the small redhead.

Hyunjin took a deep breath in, carefully watching the guys' big bodies relentlessly mess with Jiwoo's as she squealed and cried, asking what she did wrong or what could she do for them to stop.

"When you walked towards me I thought you'd do something to scare them away, just like you do to the birds Heejin is so afraid of for some reason." chuckled the redhead "Yet you punched me. I must admit though, that was one hell of a punch."

The girl didn't know how had she gotten the courage to stand up and run towards Jiwoo on the ground, push the tall guy from on top of her and take his place. She didn't know why had she brought her fist square to Jiwoo's face so many times or how had she left her lying there while asking for the seniors for the video they took of her beating her friend up.

"You outdid yourself." Jiwoo couldn't stop laughing, however the laughter didn't sound genuine. It was bitter, maybe even a little bit ironic "And you got the girl too. So double win, right?"

Hyunjin had left the locker rooms, ran towards the track field where practice would be held later. She couldn't believe what she had done, she couldn't convince herself she was actually the one to hurt her very good friend. That instead of helping throughout this mess, she went in there and made it many times worse.

"Acting like the black eye you gave me was from a fall was very hard, no one would believe me." the redhead said once her laughter subsided "I couldn't even tell people about the seniors, thinking people wouldn't take me seriously—"

"Until the videos came out." Hyunjin whispered, feeling the noodles she had previously eaten threatening to spill to the floor from deep within her stomach.

"Until the videos came out," she continued "And somehow you managed to cut the part of you punching me out."

It took a lot of pleading, Hyunjin would never forget. She had even given the girls coupons for free food at her mother's noodle bar, where she would serve them regularly.

"It's alright. At least you got the girl." the girl breathed out, disappointment evident in the tone of her voice "I wish you guys will be together 'till the end of days. You deserve all the happiness in the world."

Hyunjin swallowed a sob when Jiwoo's voice broke and later faded, heavy breathing replacing the ironic laughter that earlier echoed from her phone's speaker in the back room of the bar.

The rain had started again and the brunette closed the window, resting her forehead against it for a while as if to relieve the throbbing pain in her head with the glasse's cool temperature. It didn't quite work, the aching wouldn't just go away like that. Regardless, Hyunjin didn't move. Not even when Jiwoo bid her goodbyes...for the second time.

"It's been nice talking to you," she sighed "Farewell Hyunjin-ah."

-kimwig