𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

The sun barely peaked behind the thick clouds on the dark sky, it's beams almost invisible as they reflected on the window of the dinning room currently occupied by eleven women. The large dinning room looked as elegant as ever, with it's expensive furniture that was expertly designed by the hands of the best artists in the world and perfectly placed in the room to create the best possible atmosphere. However, the sea of blacks spilled over the white marble on the floor and the fluffy cushions of the chairs' by the glass dinning table didn't seem to care about the aesthetic.

"It's already been a year." Chaewon was the first to talk since they all met at the cemetery for the memorial this morning, tiny fists gripping a black handkerchief.

No one knew what to say anymore, what to think. No one knew how to act once they walked by their friend's grave or comfortably sit in the dinning room where they last saw her alive. Exactly one year ago.

"Only this year there aren't any presents," Vivi tried joking, wanting to see at least one smile break on the girls' face yet failing miserably. She shifted in her spot on the floor, whining when the pain in her broken arm got unbearable "Sorry."

"Sit on Sooyoun's seat," Haseul grinned and almost laughed at the older who struggled to get up "She won't use it anyway." the woman sighed and eyed the brunette pacing around. Sooyoung didn't exactly want to be there, but couldn't skip it either. She was mad yet extremely sad.

"Thanks." a subtle kiss followed and then silence, usually the girls would go crazy over the new couple.

This wasn't an after Christmas dinner like the others. The girls hadn't even noticed, the tradition of getting together, eating and exchanging gifts had already died down since last year.  No matter what they did, either that was going out or even simply talking to each other, something was different. Something really important was missing and after Jiwoo passed, all the girls knew they would never be able to find it again. No person in this world could ever replace Jiwoo and her energy, her personality. Her.

"Why are we here? The memorial is over." Sooyoung mumbled, black shoes tapping on the marble as she paced back and forth on the hallway "Let's just go home. Staying in Haseul's house doing nothing is pointless. I've got errands to run."

Her voice echoed, low and breathy as she rasped out words without a meaning. Words that carried no emotion, no thoughts hidden behind them, waiting to reveal themselves. They were pointless, empty. Just a bunch of words she forced herself to speak, heavy marbles that barely rolled off her tongue and to the ground, bouncing into nothingness.

"If you don't like it why are you here?" Gowon was quick to her feet, attempting to walk towards the brunette "Seriously, get the fuck out or shut the fuck up!"

Hyejoo from beside the blonde sighed, grabbing her arm to keep her in place and later, rubbing circles on her back to soothe the nerves. She too had been wondering why exactly was she there, clearly the rest didn't feel like reliving the worst day of their life either. They didn't want to talk about what had happened, what Jiwoo had left behind or create theories about how she shared the files. Not this time. Not today.

"Sooyoung unnie is right though," spoke Jinsoul, head resting on her hands as she subtly looked at the woman seated across of her "This is only making things worse, being here and just doing nothing. Bringing back memor—"

"You guys are being too loud!" Jungeun slurred, eyes heavy and lips swollen. Her head rested on the table and her fingers clutching her hair as she shouted for everyone to stop talking. She was drunk, a complete mess.

"Actually," Haseul breathed out, letting go of Vivi's hand as she stood up "There's a reason you all are here today."

Ten pairs of eyes turned to glare at her, scanning her every movement as she walked further into the living room.

"Lunch?" asked Hyunjin, earning a slap from her girlfriend.

"Are you stupid?" the youngest, Yeojin, mumbled and rolled her eyes. Something in the way her heart beat felt odd, usually it would beat like this when she was about to have a panick attack but now she was surprisingly calm.

"Shut it shortstack!" Hyunjin spat and Yerim chuckled in the distance.

Chaos.

Voices filled the entirety of Haseul's home, the girls were back to annoying the neighbors for being too loud. Between the younger, a friendly fight broke out, a roasting battle. Between the older an actual one, a debate on whether or not the girls trust each other, with a lot of fingers being pointed at who was actually the reason Jiwoo did what she did.

Haseul grabbed the remote, smiling as she pushed the button.

"Hey, girls." that familiar voice sounded.

There was silence once again, all heads turned to the television in Haseul's living room.

"Who thought there'd be a video version of this stupid confession audio file thing," Jiwoo laughed but her face didn't show any short of emotion "Sorry for the mess, but I couldn't wait any longer to film this."

Gasps. Hands linking, bodies pressing close. All girls, apart from Haseul, were all seated now on the floor in front of the television. They had forgotten about their fights from some seconds ago and embraced each other, watching Jiwoo in the small screen.

"This is so weird, I know. But it won't take long," Jiwoo brushed her bangs out of the way, sighing "Welcome, everyone, to my file. To the end of the path."

-kimwig