Day 23 - Live a Little - Pansmione

Prompt: Gold

Prompt: Gold

Pairing: Hermione Granger x Pansy Parkinson

Rating: Mature

Word Count: 1,521

Summary: Hermione encounters Pansy Parkinson in a hotel bar. It doesn't go as she might have expected.

Tags: EWE, Post-Hogwarts, Past Hermione/Ron, Flirting

Live a Little

 Hermione didn't bother looking up from her book as a drink appeared beside her at the bar. She reached out and pushed it away.

"Not interested," she said dismissively.

"Trust me, Granger, you're more interested in taking a drink from me than the man who was on his way over here," a familiar voice said.

Familiar enough to draw Hermione's attention away from her book. "Parkinson?"

Parkinson flicked some hair out of her face and took the barstool next to Hermione's. She pushed the drink back towards her but Hermione didn't look at it. She was a little more distracted by how short Parkinson's skirt was, and sitting only made it ride up more until Hermione was sure she could see a flash of colour that could only be her knickers.

"Oh, let's dispense with the hostility, shall we?" Parkinson said with an over-dramatic sigh that was loud enough to be heard over the chatter in the room. "Last names are so last season."

Hermione glanced around the hotel bar. For an uncomfortable moment, her eyes met the gaze of a man who was staring at her with a scowl, a drink in each of his hands. Looking at him made Hermione shudder with an uncomfortable feeling, and she looked back to Parkinson instead.

"I suppose you're slightly more tolerable than him," she said, closing her book. It was unlikely Parkinson would leave her alone. "Dare I ask what you're doing in a hotel bar on a Wednesday night?"

Parkinson took a sip of her own drink, something that seemed to glitter in the light. "I'm working, obviously."

"Working?" Hermione raised an eyebrow.

With an expression of disgust, Parkinson kicked Hermione's leg. "Not that kind of work! I'm a reporter, I just got done interviewing someone."

Even though she dearly wanted to kick her back, Hermione turned sideways on her stool to give her more attention. "A reporter? For what newspaper? I've never seen your name anywhere."

Parkinson rolled her eyes. "I write under a pseudonym, obviously. I'd never get any readers otherwise, and I certainly wouldn't get anything printed in the first place with my own name attached. Surely an intelligent woman such as yourself could have figured that out." Parkinson looked her over slowly. "Or are you refusing my drink because you've already had too many? Is that book some tool to sober up?"