Chapter 8

•CHAPTER 8•
November 5
Tuesday, 5:30 a.m

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned upon hearing the new alarm that I set yesterday. I reached over my nightstand and turned off my alarm lazily. I swung my feet over my bed as I pushed the comforters down. I washed last night so I headed over to my dresser and took out grey shorts that reached down to my knees, a white tank top, my white ankle socks, and a matching pantie and bra set. I placed those items in my duffel bag, along with my grey and white Jordan 12. My phone dinged from a message and I crossed over to my nightstand and saw it was from the group chat.

We them BITCHES:

Alec: Na, do you have a
ride to practice?

I was going to see if my dad
could drop me off, or catch an Uber🤷🏾‍♀️

James: we can come
get you it's no big deal😊

Jesse:who said all that?🤔

It's really not that big of a deal

Cameron: alright bitches!
Be ready in 5 or else

Jesse:I'm appalled😱

Alec:we all gon meet up at
Nalani's house so calm down

Just hurry up hoes,
I don't got all day💋

James: that is no way to
talk to your fathers🤨

I laughed as I went to my closet to get dressed in navy blue basketball shorts, a black sports bra, and a black cropped hoodie. I placed my black and gold lacrosse cleats on, and grabbed my book bag while slinging my duffel bag over my shoulder. I made sure I had everything before I headed downstairs.

"Where are you going?" I heard my dad ask in a groggy voice.

I looked over to the couch to see him laying there with his computer on the coffee table. I knew him and mom must have argued about someone or else he would be upstairs.

"I have early practice for lacrosse, and my teammates are coming to get me." I sat my duffel bag down beside the couch. "What you and mom argue about this time?"

They always had that one month argument over something and it affected everyone when they weren't talking.

"It nothing, your mom and I just have somethings to figure out." Dad tried to wave it off, but I could see the worry in his eyes.

I hugged him tight, "I love you dad."

"Ich liebe dich auch, meine geliebte Tochter." He kisses my forehead as I pull back. (I love you too, my beloved daughter)

I heard a horn honk and grabbed my duffel bag in a hurry as I left out the door. I saw 4 cars outside my door and saw Alec's passenger door open waiting for me.

I got into the passenger side of his car, "yo."

He gave me a head nod trying to hold in his laughter. "Don't ever 'yo' me again."