Chapter 14

As some of you may know—if your a sneaker head like me—these just came out last weekend and I got them last monday👏🏾 I nearly cried when they guy bought them to me in the sneaker store. I was at kids footlocker😭 cause I still wear a kids size😂
•CHAPTER 14•
November 13
Wednesday, 7:45A.M

"I know we haven't been focused on y'all as much lately, so what's going on?" Mom said as we all sat at the breakfast table trying to eat.

"You and dad have been busy so we didn't really even notice." Sage usually loud voice was real quiet.

I on the other hand stayed quiet, I couldn't bring myself to open my mouth without saying something I would regret.

Dad looked at me but I just couldn't meet his gaze. I bit my lip as I plucked the rubber band on my wrist.

"Ok! What's going on?" The stern tone in dads voice made both Sage and I jump.

"Can we talk about it tonight," Sage words took me by surprise. I didn't think she would be comfortable.

"Right, were going to be late if we don't get to school now. And your falling off your work routine, mom." I finally said as I got up and collected everyone's plates.

I placed the dishes neatly in the sink, knowing dad would clean them as soon as he came back home. I caught up with Sage as we all walked out the house to get to our respective occupations.

The drive to school was not one that we were used too. Our house and routine had changed and it all started with me. Nothing about this silence was comfortable, it was suffocating and I so desperately wanted to be stingy and suck all the air into my lungs.

When they car stopped, I watched Sage get out before I turned to my dad.

"I'm scared daddy," this was probably the most honest thing I've said since this morning.

"Why?" I could tell he was genuinely confused at my statement.

"Everything's changing, I desperately want some fucking stability." The coarseness of my tone let my dad know I wasn't joking.

"Listen and listen good, there no such thing as stability. The only thing that's constant is Change." Dad pulled me into his arms as he kissed my forehead.

That was his way of entering his words into my brain. He would do that whenever he gave me useful advice, he was transferring his words into my mind.

I sighed as I released myself from his grip and smile, "I love you papa."

I faintly heard him say it back as I exited the car and headed into the building. As I walked into the building I felt and arm grab me and pull me into a dark closet.

"What the f—." I was cut off when I seen Jace's face.

"I know it was you that was on my computer," Jace snarled at me.

"You don't know shit!" I growled back at him. Jace resembled an animal, so I copied him.

"Maybe we should've fucked you!" He growled back at me.

My hand came up and I cupped him hard through his jeans, "why so you and your nasty ass dad can fuck each other."

Jace tried to move but my hand tightened around his balls, "make any sudden moves and watch how quick the cops will be at your house. And then we'll see who's gonna butt fuck y'all in jail."

I let go of Jace as turned and walked out of the janitors closet.

"What you doing in there?" I jumped nearly 10 feet up in the air at Penny's voice.