Chapter 12

•CHAPTER 12•
November 12
Tuesday, 7:45 a.m

"How's Jake?" I asked Sam as we left the locker room.

Practice was gruesome as always, but my heart just wasn't in it today. I was still worried about Sage, after school on Monday she locked herself in her room. I didn't want to pressure her, but I needed to know so that I could help.

"Jake has been down and out of it as of late, I mean lacrosse is his world and it would kill him not to play anymore." Sam walked me to my locker.

"Well tell him I'll come visit him soon with Mark."

"Where is Mark anyway? He's always close to you," Sam was always attentive, just like Alec.

"He has a fever so he's on bedrest." I smiled as I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Ms.Over It!-pen pen to the rescue!

Girl what!?😂

Ms. Over It!- You heard me hoe,
pen pen is coming to save you!😝

I laughed as I look up from my phone, "pen pen? From what?"

"Well I'll see you later, I'm meeting up with Jesse." Sam left me alone with my thoughts.

I nodded as I looked towards the entrance, students was starting to come in. Sage refused to come to school today, and my parents didn't put up much argument.

"Nani!" I heard the soothing voice of Penny.

I saw Penny being carried bridal style by no one other than Kwasi. It has only been a day and they were stuck at the hip.

Penny was dressed in a cute yellow halter crop top, denim high-waisted jeans, black and yellow Jordan 1's, and a oversized denim jean jacket hung loosely on her. Clearly she didn't care about the cold. Her nails were done differently as well, they weren't purple and black anymore, today they were a sunset yellow. Her once curly hair was now straight and sleeked back.

Kwasi on the other hand had on black nike joggers, a mabel Marie hoodie, and black and white space jams. He was wearing his usual jewelry, and his tattooed arms was covered.

"Don't call her that, it sounds nasty when you say it." I heard Kwasi say to Penny as he put her down on her feet.

"Boy shut the hell up," she mugged him but still had a smile on her face.

"Go head and keep it up," he mushed her head. "Watch what happens when we all alone and no can save you."

"Boy whatever, I'm practically grown." Penny mushed his head back. "When we alone all you do is sing and rap to me..." Penny blushed, I'm guessing she was thinking about it.

"I can't wait 'til I get you alone. I can't wait 'til you get out them clothes. Got your nails done and they matchin' your toes. I'm tryna be committed, Ma. Just let me hit it before I get back on this road." Kwasi rapped to Penny as he pulled her to him. I recognized the song as Alone by Dave East and Jacquees.

"Boy stop singing my husband song, Damn! I swear I need to get new friends," I laughed as pulled on the draw strings on my hoodie.

"No, you need more friends like us." Kwasi said and Penny nodded her head in agreement.

"Whatever, I noticed that we'll never see you wearing the same look." It was true even on day 2 Penny's look was totally different from yesterday.