Chapter 11

•CHAPTER 11•
November 11
Monday, 8:00 a.m

The weekend was tense, but Mark and I managed to keep it under wraps. Sage didn't want us to tell our parents just yet, but eventually we would have too.

Practice also didn't go so well, even though we won our game it wasn't the same without Jake. Sam also didn't show today either, but we weren't surprised.

"I heard someone got a booooyfriend!" I heard a familiar voice imitate B.Simone.

"Kwasi Azar? Is that you!?" A huge smile crossed my face.

"In the flesh," as I turned around, away from my locker, I saw Kwasi turning with his arms spread apart.

"Oh my god! When did you get back from Africa?"I ran into Kwasi's open arms and hugged him tightly.

"I got back a few weeks ago, I saw Eros leaving your house Friday." Kwasi pushed me back gently as he looked me over.

"What about Eros?" Eros made an appearance next to us.

"Oh nothing, just that I missed my lil bro and Nubian princess." Kwasi pulled both of us into a hug.

"Watch were your going," we all looked up at the sound of Jace's voice.

Jace had pushed a miserable Sage who was walking with her head down.

"Yo, you put your hands on her again, ima fuck you up." Eros stepped to Jace in Sage defense.

"Better yet, I'll fuck you up too. Ohhhh! Even better, I'll have Nani box ya fuckin' head in." Kwasi joked as he pulled Sage behind him.

I didn't really have anything to say, my top priority was to keep Sage safe. Knowing someone hurt her made me angry all over again.

"Please, just stop." Sage frail voice called out to Eros.

"Come on, I'll walk with you before class." Eros pulled Sage to him and she clung to him like a baby as they walked away.

I pulled Kwasi back over to our original spot. Jace wouldn't have said anything because everyone knew Kwasi was popular for writing girls off as a dub and beating niggas up.

They didn't know what happened to her, but that didn't matter, they would always protect her. The same way Mark protected me, but today he wasn't coming to school. He caught a fever on Sunday and was currently on bed rest, mothers orders.

"Damnnn," Kwasi mumbled as he looked over at the entrance door. I swear it's like he has the attention span of a gold fish.

"What are you looking at?" I followed his line of sight and seen a gorgeous woman. Her caramel/chocolate skin tone had a natural glow to it as she walked down the halls with her head inside the school map.

She was new and we all knew it, we rarely ever saw new people. She had an amazing sense of style, one that I could totally get behind.

She had her natural curly hair parted to the side and her make up was done perfectly even though it was light. She had on an 80's purple rain shirt tucked into her black cut jeans that was rolled up past her ankles. Her purple and black nike vapormax flyknit matched perfectly with her shirt.