Chapter 10

Betty woke up just a few seconds after everything had gone black and quiet. Her eyes opened a bit and she looked at her mom and friends surrounding her. She tried to breathe in and her lungs obeyed, letting her take a breath and then another and another. At first she didn't remember anything, so she just looked around and took in her surroundings.

There was an old man sitting on a bench, she was inside a boxing ring, and she saw a sweaty boy looking furious while an older one was holding him back from something. And then she realized. She tried to sit up, but groaned as her stomach hurt, placing her head back onto her mom's lap where it had been before.

"It's okay," Alice breathed out in relief, the voices appearing again. People were screaming at Tall Boy whose face was bloody, Jughead's fist swollen. FP and Jug looked towards Betty and saw that she was up, so the older one let his son go and went to deal with Tall Boy.

"Hey," Jug said, Fangs and Sweet Pea letting him into the circle around Betty. "Can you sit up?" he asked worriedly, placing a towel full of ice onto her bare and swollen stomach and holding it there. "I swear to god if that asshole fucked something up in your body," he murmured while he helped Alice sit the blonde girl up.

"Did I win?" she asked in confusion.

"Yeah," everyone told her, making her smile like an idiot and them chuckle at that.

"Honey, how are you feeling?" Alice asked, Toni helping Betty to get her shirt on just as they all heard barking.

"I think I'm fine. It just hurts a bit," Betty said, looking around in confusion to see where her dog was barking at. She noticed Barrel right next to FP, barking towards Tall Boy. Her mouth started curling into a small smile, but stopped as the old tall man hit the dog with his leg, pushing him away. Barrel made a weeping sound and kept doing it as he lied down.

Betty basically pushed everyone out of her way, letting the ice drop, and hurried to her dog in another corner of the ring who was just trying to help her. Barrel looked at Betty when she sat down, tears in her eyes and tried to make sure her best friend was okay. He didn't stop crying, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with him, so he just curled up on her lap, her legs crossed, wanting cuddles. "You're a good boy," Betty told him quietly, resting her head onto his body, bending down a lot.

Before Betty knew what was happening though, Toni was beating the shit out of Tall Boy and FP sighed while pulling the girl away as well. The Serpents were looking at them all with widened eyes, so much happening at the same time, not able to keep count.

"EVERYONE IN FAVOR TO GET TALL BOY FINALLY THROWN OUT OF THE SERPENTS?!" Jughead screamed, not caring that he wasn't the king yet. Everyone screamed in support, hands up in the air, two fingers bent like snake first teeth. "IN UNITY THERE IS STRENGTH!" the boy yelled and everyone echoed it after him.

Betty was left dumbstruck when Tall Boy actually threw his jacket on the ground, spit on it, and left, the woman doing the same. FP chuckled, pulling his son in for a hug. Betty was so confused of those actions. They said they can't kick him out and now he just went? She didn't get it.

Jug went over to her and squatted down in front of her, smiling at her confused face. "Hey bud," he said softly, petting Barrel who had become fast friends with him. The dog licked his arm. "Is he okay?"

"I think he's fine, just a bit hurt," Betty told him. "He's never been hit before..."

Jug sighed. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Everything. And I'll explain it all to you at home, I know you're confused, but we have your jacket ready if you're ready?"